I had a four day weekend this week thanks to the holiday. I was very much looking forward to spending so much time with my boys. I'm always eager to have some quality time with Mac as we approach the arrival of bambino #2!
I had hoped to get off early on Wednesday (11/21) but no such luck. I was at. work until after 4 pm. Aaron and I ended up needing to go to the grocery store on Wednesday night. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as I expected. Mac was up late that night. With the shopping and then visiting his uncles who got into town that night.
We spent Thanksgiving Day with Aaron's family. Mac had a lot of fun with his cousins and really enjoyed the food. He was too distracted to nap so he fell asleep on the way home (at 6 pm). He skipped his bath and ended up sleeping through the night that night.
On Friday we got up and headed out for late Black Friday shopping. In actuality we really were on a mission to sell some of Mac's excess toys and such and also looking to pick up some crafting items to make gifts for our nephews' birthday gifts. We made a stop at the Goodwill toile a drop off and took a look around the store. Everything was 50% for Black Friday so we got some books at a really good price, including "What to Expect: The Toddler Years" which is the only book in the series I needed. We laid $1 for it! It retails for $16.95, so it was a really good deal but it also feels good to buy used, so that we help diminish excessive waste!
We got our craft supplies at Michaels and also picked up some stuff for both of our baby boys at the consignment shop! It was a good shipping day!
Our gifts were a hit at the birthday party on Saturday. We ended up making a really cool dragon duct tape wallet for our older nephew and home made play dough for the younger one. Turns out the duct tape wallet is the latest "thing" in school and kids are selling them, but only in plain grey, so our nephew was excited to get one with a pattern!
Macario had a great time playing with his cousins and the arcade games in the pizza parlor. He took a knock on the head while playing "swords" with the shot guns on one of the games. Poor guy!
Sunday we took things really slow. I skipped church so that I wouldn't have to rush us out of the door once more!
Mac helped put away dishes while I made breakfast and then we hung out around the house while I got some chores done. I kept things at an easy pace cause I was really tired from this weekend.
Tonight I'm sad to think about going back to work tomorrow. It's been so wonderful to spend so much time with Mac and Aaron and I really feel like I'm going to miss them tomorrow.
I'm very much looking forward to next weekend when we cut down our tree and possibly take our Christmas portraits!





No comments:
Post a Comment