I felt him moving a lot tonight and that makes me happy. I feel like I got to know a lot about Macario’s personality just from how and when he chose to move around. I hope this one will give me as much insight as Mac did!
11/13 (20w1d) – Back to work. Today has been hard to keep my eyes open. I went to bed really late last night and that is still hard on me even though I’m in the supposed “golden stage” of pregnancy. You never really get out of the “tired” phase, especially when you have a little one running around while you try to regain some energy. It was easier to manage when I didn’t have a toddler to care for, but it’s all a part of motherhood, so I’m not complaining! I would never change the situation, but it’s a fact that being pregnant is easier when you don’t already have a little person to who needs you. All I can say is, thank goodness I utilized the crock pot for dinner tonight!!!
Oh yes, I wanted to mention that I haven’t written a lot about cravings because I’m not having many except that last night I really desired something fizzy to drink. I have been craving fizzy drinks most of this pregnancy, but it was never as obviously intense as it was yesterday. Thank goodness Aaron helped me find the perfect drink!
11/14 (20w2d) – Pelvic pain, fatigue, hunger…what’s new?
11/15 (20w3d) – I’m very excited about my ultrasound and prenatal exam tomorrow. Unfortunately, I’m not 100% certain how the day will play out because my plans have changed a little and now I don’t think I have anyone to watch Mac while I attend my appointments.
11/16 (20w4d) – Today I had my ultrasound and attended my prenatal appointment. The ultrasound was so much more enjoyable this time than last. The first tech I had was very focused on getting the job done. That’s completely understandable, but I’m just glad that this wasn’t my first experience with prenatal ultrasounds, I would have been very disappointed. This time the tech was so sweet and very enthusiastic. She was playfully frustrated with my little guy and told me to talk to him and make him cooperate because he wasn’t being cooperative at all. I went there to have a follow up on his heart (and also his brain which I didn’t know) just to get better images. When she FINALLY got the four chambers of his heart in frame he flipped over! She huffed and we both laughed. Then I told her I hadn’t had a chance to see his profile and I really wanted to. She said she would make sure to get me a picture of his profile. She gave me my “homework” (movements to get him into position) and left to follow up with the doctor on the images she got. When she came back we tried to get the profile shot and just as she had it we saw him go belly up and then saw the back of his head. He literally did a somersault in my belly. It was hilarious! Eventually we got the shot, and she was happy – almost as happy as I was. I was thrilled to finally “see” my baby’s face.
After the ultrasound I had to rush over to the medical offices (different location than the hospital) for my prenatal exam. I made it in time, but my blood pressure was the highest it has ever been (120/59). The nurse said “Good” and that was the only talk about it, but I was thinking “man that’s high for me” and now think it had to do with me rushing to make it to my appointment on time!
I have not gained or lost any weight since my last appointment so I’m still -5 lbs. Not complaining at all.
I’m at the stage now (like I was with Macario) that I have little to no appetite at night. I sort of nibble a little bit, but don’t have an actual dinner, but I was the same with Macario so I’m not concerned.
The nurse practitioner looked at my ultrasound photos (the ones I had just taken) and said everything looked great and thanked me for getting that done. I was relieved we could go over them immediately so that I wouldn’t have to wait to hear back on them.
The appointment was really uneventful. Fortunately, the only thing we really talked about was the eczema on my hands. She renewed my script for a medicated ointment I can use and instructed me to increase the frequency in which I use it to help calm the eczema.
I got some additional appointments scheduled (through February), but as I mentioned before, I’m having a little trouble thinking that far ahead.
11/17 – Busy day today. It was raining most of the day so I spent a lot of time trying to keep Mac engaged with indoor activities (other than TV – yuck!) so I was pretty distracted from anything pregnancy related EXCEPT I felt some Braxton Hicks contractions today. That was very unexpected, but when I think about it, I remember that I had been having them for several weeks before realizing what they were while I was pregnant with Macario, so it’s possible I had them this early with him as well.
11/18 – More BH contractions. The ctx themselves are not painful, but the effect they have on my pelvis is painful. When my muscles tighten up, it hurts to move my lower body and that is hard to deal with, but as with everything, I embrace all of this because I know it’s all worth it!

No comments:
Post a Comment