The catch here is we have an entire country separating us, so this isn't something we'd realistically be able to check up on personally.
My contribution to the idea was that we should report our top 3 "to dos" of the day to each other daily and then send proof of completion via photo (by text usually).
And for the last 2 days we have been doing it. It's too early to say that its a realistic thing to do everyday or that it will even help us do what we need to do, but I know that I feel good tonight knowing that I accomplished some things.
For one I was motivated to do certain tasks to be able to demonstrate that I had done something and get acknowledgement for it. Also, I noticed today that I am ending my day more concentrated on what I did accomplish versus what I didn't. Those things will just go on the list for tomorrow.
I didn't accomplish all 3 of my to dos for today, but that's because as the day played out I realized there were certain other tasks to complete that had greater priority.
My original 3 tasks were:
1. Clean the stove top thoroughly.
2. Put away all clean laundry.
3. Put on fresh bedding.
# 2 was a carryover from yesterday and is still a work in progress. However, I ended up 1. having to pick the boys up from aaron at work which is not typical for a Monday and also I put up all the boys outdoor toys so that they wouldn't get rained on since we're expecting the first rain of the season tomorrow.
I feel good about where things stand as I go to bed this evening. I wish it were earlier, but I'm a work in progress myself.
For good measure here are some vote mugshots of my boys which Daddy sent me while I was at work.




Vote = cute ... I was exhausted when I wrote this!
ReplyDeleteHaha I was wondering what vote meant until I read your comment. Way to go on tackling your list!
ReplyDelete