I bought the book the day before my gender determination ultrasound, and we read it for the first time on the night of my ultrasound.
I found it to be such a crazy coincidence that the mouse character paints this portrait in the book:
Immediately following my appointment I started talking to Mac about having a sister, but I was pretty sure he didn't understand that it meant he would be getting a female sibling. When I saw this picture in the book I excitedly pointed out to Mac that the mouse has a brother and sister and explained that he already has a brother and soon he would also have a sister just like the mouse.
He related it to himself immediately. Going right to left (because that's how he does this) we have Mac Mouse, Sister Mouse, Daddy Mouse, Mama Mouse and Adrian Mouse (used interchangeably with Brother Mouse.)
He has to run through the list every night and then says that his real sister is in his belly waiting to get bigger so she can come out to live with us.
It's hard to say still whether he really gets it or is just really into telling me that little story, but I'm excited to have some point of reference for him to think about his sister-to-be!

Aww that's so sweet!
ReplyDelete