Thursday, November 21, 2013

Macario is 31 Months Old

Dear Son,

Here we are again, another month gone by.  I feel like I’m starting to accept that you’ve grown out of the baby stage.  It’s a little sad that it’s taken over two and a half years, but I’m getting there.  If I’m trying to put you in your old toddler clothes on your first day of school, please forgive me.  I might regress.
Stats

Weight/Height – You were weighed yesterday and are 31.8 lbs and 36.5 inches tall!  You’re in the 67th percentile overall and that’s really good.  Not too low not too high.  You’re a little above average for your age and that is awesome!
Physical Development

You’re becoming more and more independent every day.  We ask you to go wash your own hands now, and you can (although we do help when we want to be really sure that you’re being thorough as you are still only 2). You love to help vacuum and fold clothes.  You hang your own shirts (getting better with practice of course) and like to serve everyone’s dinner plates for them.
I’m stunned every day by all the things you seem to be able to do.

Intellectual Development
My favorite thing lately that you do is you tell me when to stop and go as we’re driving.  You know that red is stop, yellow is slow down and green is go, so you are always reminding me of those traffic rules.

Also, you can lead me to a destination.  When we’re heading somewhere familiar to you I will ask, “Where do I go now?” and you will say “this way” and point in the correct direction.  You do know left and right, but I think you still haven’t connected them as directions because you don’t use them to tell me which direction to go, but will show your right/left hands or feet when asked.
You can sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle, Row Your Boat and Baby Bumble Bee.  It’s super cute to listen to your renditions of those songs and love that you ask me to help now because you used to always cry and say “No sing, mama!” when I would sing. Ha!

Likes
You are currently very interested in trains.  All things train.  You have toy trains and have had them for a while, but it wasn’t until lately that you started to really take interest in playing with them.

And somehow you discovered that you could watch videos about trains (probably from Daddy) and so you always ask to watch trains.  The videos are just of trains driving down tracks, blowing steam and tooting their horns, but you love them.
Oh yes, and you are also a big fan of the song, “Be Bop A Lula” by Gene Vincent.  You ask for it in the car, at home, out in the grocery store – pretty much all the time.

I think it’s so funny that you like such an old song, but it’s much better than anything on the radio these days.
You love the story of the Three Little Pigs.  We read it every day and you will randomly recite portions of the story.  I love to hear you recite your favorite lines/phrases from books.  You do this with your other current fave, “The Giving Tree.”

Dislikes
I really can’t think of anything you’ve had an outward dislike for recently.  So far this month, I guess you’ve been pretty agreeable.

Firsts
You got a library card this month!  It was the sweetest experience to share with you.  I am not even quite sure how you knew what a library was as I had never taken you up to this point, but the day of our first trip there I talked to you about it the night before, then told you we were going to stop for hot chocolate first while we waited for the library to open up.  When we got there we signed up for your card and you started browsing right away.

I let you hold the key chain card and you walked around tapping it against the barcodes on the other books.  It was really funny.
Then we got to reading and you picked out a newer version of “The Three Little Pigs”

On our way out, you were holding my hand and carrying books with the other and said to me, “Mama, I have fun at the wibrwary with you today.”
Of course that completely melted my heart.

Fun Stories
This happened the day after you turned 31 months, but I’m gonna share this story anyway.  I was vacuuming the living room and had sent you off to undress for a bath.  When you came back I was done, but you looked down and said, “Mama, you see dis? Dis not cwean, Mama,” as you pointed to a section of the carpet.  Then you ran your finger over that specific area and said, “My daddy will come in dis house and he will say dis not cwean.”  You went on and on about it and were dead serious, so I tried hard not to laugh.  I feel bad that your dad has turned you into a mini clean freak, but it was pretty darn hilarious.

The days get funnier and more exciting with you around.  I love you so much.
Happy 31 months, son!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment