As for now its working out. Here was my errand list for today:
• Starbucks for treats with Mac
• Michael's to return an item and pick up a few others
• Library to sign Mac up for a library card
• Target to exchange a slotted spoon (which I hope was just a defective spoon and not indicative of the quality of the brand, since I was considering buying more of the utensils from the product line for Mac as stocking stuffers.)
We hit Starbucks at about 8:45 am. Adrian had dozed off for his first nap so Mac and I enjoyed our treats and drew some pictures together.
He asked me to draw a cow, which turned out looking like a cat. Mac said, "Mama, that's not a cow! That's a tiger!"
Oh the things kids say...
We took care of things at Michaels and then made our way to the library. Mac was excited about this all morning.
On our way out of the library he said to me, "Mama, I have fun at the wibwary with you."
Totally melted my heart.
This little bug had a great time hanging out in my new Baby Bjorn during the visit.
And then he said, "Wet's go get my new spoon!"
He was quite upset this morning when he realized the new "dishwasher safe" spoon he picked out on Thursday came out of the dishwasher in pieces. Fortunately, they let us swap out no problem. Then Mac asked to take a picture of his new spoon to show daddy. (He's beginning to go picture crazy like his mama!)
Something he's good about is picking a toy to play with throughout the store, but accepting it when it's time to say goodbye to the toy. Here he is saying goodbye to his "Dino-saurous Rex" friend.
He picked out some more clothes for his baby sister while we were there too. I'm not going crazy buying stuff, but I feel like letting him pick stuff up for her now and then is helping to make the idea of a sister more real and also very exciting.
We came home after Target and the boys had naps before we went out to play with their friends.
I'm proud to say that they were well-behaved throughout all the errands and I'm hoping for the same next week, although with a 2 year old and 7 month old it's definitely hit or miss!






No comments:
Post a Comment