I really, really can't believe that my baby girl - my supposed to be a baby forever, baby girl - is already half way through her first year.
The time goes too fast. I'm not ready. I think the only thing that can make me feel better is to make a tutu in preparation of her first birthday. I've already looked up methods on YouTube. It's serious business. There's a whole website dedicated to teaching the fine art of tutu-making. {OK, I'm getting a little sarcastic.}
On a serious note, I am so happy to be at this stage no matter how sad I am or how much I miss having a squishy newborn.
Ava is as sweet as pie and has become very interactive. She doesn't just sit there staring at everything anymore. She's a participator now.
She loves her brothers. Her face lights up and she reaches for them and babbles and kicks her legs. It's the cutest darned thing I've ever seen.
She loves her daddy too, but she is a Mama's girl all the way. I didn't expect that either because the boys love me, I know that, but they LOVE daddy. Like LOOOOOOOVE him. Ava loves him too, but she LOOOOOOOVES me!
I'm pretty much in love with her too. I don't favor her over the boys of course, but I'm putty in her hands and I've never really been this way. This mama loves her babies, but she is about business too.
My guess is that I'm desperate to soak up all the baby days I have left and Ava is the lucky recipient of my enthusiasm.
She has a well-check this week so I don't know her stats, but my little miss is growing strong I can tell.
I believe she's in the middle of a growth spurt now (she will stay up nursing well past bedtime when she has a spurt). She has no teeth, but I'm almost positive those are working their way out soon.
I'm happy to push that back as long as possible because I'm terrified of her nipping my nipple!
She is rolling back and forth all the time. She scoots around on her back (accidental result of her fervent kicking.)
Our current routine is a revolving cycle of nursing, diaper change, play with mama (or be worn while mama cleans or cooks), play in the jumper-roo, then have another diaper change before sleep. She's pretty regular which makes it easy considering I have 2 rambunctious boys!
The other day Ava sat up unsupported for a few seconds. I can't believe how well she does it!
We also recently started baby purées. I have been letting her gnaw on whole pieces of produce but he doesn't get much of that in her belly, so we started purées and mashed foods.
She does great and has not had any adverse reactions as of yet.
I wish I had more time to spend with her because this baby phase is going way too fast.
That's all for now. Happy 6 months my Ava-sita!
Mama loves you!








No comments:
Post a Comment