We rarely get a Friday evening to spend together as a family, so this was a treat. Even more exciting though was that he took us to explore a trail my neighbor friend told me about way back when we first moved into the area.
I snapped a few pictures, but mostly just enjoyed the time with my family. Here are the pictures I did get:
Mac picked berries with daddy while Adriansito watched excitedly!
We warned Mac to be careful of thorns and spiders when picking berries. Sure enough we spotted a big spider.
I brought a bowl and some water to wash the berries (I had been told that there were berries to pick so I was prepared) and the boys enjoyed some of their pickings out on the trail.
Then they picked some flowers and dandelions to make wishes on.
Some things I didn't capture on camera are the walking bridge we found that actually links our neighborhood to my brother's neighborhood. He moved close by earlier this year. It's nice to have him so close and even closer than I thought now that I know there is a bridge linking our neighborhoods.
The boys discovered a park/playground in an open apartment complex, so we played there for a while.
We also walked to a Chinese restaurant which is next door to our local Jamba Juice, so we had jambas and Chinese and ate outside. That's my personal favorite.
We walked the roads back because that was a more direct route (not to mention better lit than the trail). It was super fun and even though my feet were tired after three hours of walking (with a baby attached to me!)
I'm so glad I was more focused on enjoying the moments versus capturing them on camera. It was a really special day.








No comments:
Post a Comment