As you already know, we spent the first half of the year preparing for baby and then welcoming baby. The second half of the year continued with one new experience after another.
July
Macario was born just before Easter, so we've been able to celebrate just about every holiday of the year with him! It's been so much fun. We had a great time celebrating Macario's first 4th of July. More than anything we just spent the long weekend hanging out with our families and letting Macario play in the pools for the first time. He was pretty unimpressed, but we had fun making new memories!
Also, Aaron went on a camping trip with is cousin and our nephew. It was his first time being away since Macario's birth. I was really apprehensive because by that time Macario had really started to favor Aaron, so I thought he might miss him a lot and have a rough time with him being gone. It ended up being hardest on Aaron. Macario was young enough that he didn't realize how long Aaron had been gone.
August
I commemorated the 1 year anniversary of our finding out I was pregnant here. That was a very special day for us and will not soon be forgotten.
We had Macario baptized on August 7, 2011. It was a very special day and we were blessed to celebrate it with our family.
We got an early start that day, so by the time we got to my parents to have lunch, Macario was worn out!
The celebrations continued in August with Aaron's 29th birthday! Aaron and I began dating a few months before his 19th birthday, so it was amazing to think of how much we've experienced together in all that time.
For his birthday, Macario and I made Aaron cupcakes. His favorite kind: yellow cake with chocolate frosting!
September
September was a much more low-key month. Ever since we have welcomed Macario, we seem to have been going non-stop. When I look back now, I realize that we had to slow things down a little because Macario got sick with a stomach flu and we were also getting new windows and sidings. Dealing with those things kept us busy enough.
We were excited to trade out the warm weather for some comfy Fall weather and it was nice to slow down and catch up on things as we looked forward to the upcoming holiday season!
Stick around. Part 4 will be up soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment