Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What's for Dinner: That is the Question

This week, I'm at a loss. It's only Wednesday and it already feels like it's been a long week, but at the same time Wednesday just crept up on me! I don't even know how that works.

Anyhow, needless to say I haven't made many meals the last few days and so I have nothing to feature today!

Fortunately, I do have something to talk about because Aaron and I are in the midst of trying to decide what we'll be making for Christmas dinner.  Thanks to a friend of mine I just realized that Christmas is only 11 short days away! It also occurred to me last night that Macario will be 8 months old on Monday! Time is really escaping me. But, I digress.

As I said, I have no recipe to feature, so I figured I'd bring you all in on helping us decide what to make for Christmas dinner instead. Rather than have tamales like we have every other year, we want to try something new and delicious for Christmas. These are some recipes I have found which could potentially be candidates for dinner, but are just ideas for now:

Braised Chicken with Garlic and White Wine

{Recipe}

Black Pepper-Crusted Standing Rib Roast au Jus

{Recipe}

We also bought a food magazine from Whole Foods for some more inspiration. There isn't much time left for us to decide, so if you have any ideas, please share!

2 comments:

  1. I vote chicken because it sounds like a good mix of easy to make but impressive sounding flavor wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin. You make good points!

    ReplyDelete