Thursday, December 8, 2011

2011 In Review (Part One)

This year has been the most amazing of my life. We have been through the greatest life changing experience ever - the birth of our first child and the beginning of our little family.

Here is a look back at highlights from the first quarter of 2011 (January - March):

January
On January 11th I officially entered my last trimester! There are plenty of ways to calculate which trimester you're in. I calculated it by dividing the 40 weeks of pregnancy into 3 trimesters. That makes about 13 weeks per trimester which means I entered my final trimester at 27 weeks!

We also celebrated our son with a baby shower on January 29, 2011. Our family and friends were with us to celebrate and we really felt truly blessed.
We also got an extra peek at our little one on the 31st. I measured a few weeks ahead of scheudle at one of my previous exams so we had an ultrasound to determine Mac's size.  This was the first ultrasound that Aaron was present for. Look at those cheeks!
February
On February 1st we hit 30 weeks of pregnancy. The final countdown to Macario's birth began. Just 10 weeks to go! Around this time, I was having lots of contractions and feeling Macario move all around. Physically, I felt amazing.
We also got Macario's room all set up and ready for him to come!




These pictures were obviously taken after he was born and his room has been rearranged since then to better meet our needs, but this is the way it started out.

March
March 7th was my birthday and I celebrated it with work and a breastfeeding class! I got home late that night and just rested. I wouldn't have wanted to do anything other than focus on my soon to be baby, and so I thougtht it was a very happy birthday!

Stay tuned for Part 2, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment