We got an early start on Saturday morning. I would normally spend the early part of Saturday doing some housework, but since we were heading out early, I stayed up a little later on Friday night to get the laundry done and the house picked up.
Saturday morning began with at trip to visit Aaron’s grandmother followed by shopping and lunch with his mom and uncle.
There is a baby consignment store that we just love to shop at and they were offering 30% off all used toys and accessories, so we headed over there to pick up some goodies. We found some really great buys including a double stroller for Lalo and Mari who just had their second son last month.
![]() |
| My handsome guys - hanging out by the shops |
Our last stop of the day was to my parents’ house. It was an unexpected treat for my dad who doesn’t get to see Macario as much as our moms do. We stayed there for dinner. My mom made Sopes which were DELICIOUS! Her culinary skills are hit and miss. She can get on a roll when she wants to and she was on a roll that night!
We got home in time for Macario’s bath (as usual) and he was in bed by 8:30. Since I had gotten all my cleaning done on Friday, I had the luxury to take a nap for a few hours before Macario’s last feeding at midnight!
I spent a few hours on and off the phone with Macario’s doctor throughout the day Saturday because he seemed to be having a bad response to the antibiotics. I was able to get an office appointment for Sunday morning which spared us from an ER visit, but the appointment was for 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning which meant we would be missing church for the second week in a row.
Macario and I were out the door by 8:30 Sunday morning and arrived early for his appointment. We met with the on-call doctor, who happened to be the doctor I consulted with on Saturday, so she was familiar with our situation. She examined him and determined that the problem was just a small tear from his diarrhea and told me it would probably clear up soon. She also checked his ears which she said were clear of the infection! Thank goodness. She cultured his stool anyway, since we were there and then wished us well. The appointment probably took a little longer than usual because she kept pausing to admire Macario. He was especially cute that day, if I do say so myself.
![]() |
| Playing with the protective paper at the doctor's office |
Aaron had a meeting early in the afternoon and then was going to meet me, Macario and my mom at the mall to visit Santa Clause. This would be Macario’s second visit to Santa. Our moms did not get to come along the first time, so we’re making multiple visits to see the jolly old soul!
Unfortunately, Aaron’s meeting went on for hours longer than he expected so my mom and I took Macario to visit Santa without Aaron.
We decided to have lunch while we waited for Aaron, but by the time we were done he was still in his meeting so we got up to look around the mall. As we walked we happened upon a stage where a local band was playing. It was an all girls group and they were great. Macario loved it! He loves music, so I knew he would, but he was really excited to see them actually play the instruments.
![]() |
| Happy boy listening to the girls sing! |
My mom remembered that she wanted to get a gift card from Macy’s so we headed there to pick that up. When we walked in I saw a red mailbox and table set up where children could write letters to santa and really send them to him!
I decided to do one for Macario, but after we got it all done I couldn’t part with the letter. It has his first scribbles on it and it almost made me cry to think of letting it go, so we pretended to put it in the mailbox for his picture.
![]() |
| I don't see a "please" in there, do you? |
What a busy, busy weekend!











No comments:
Post a Comment