Thursday, January 12, 2012

Macario's Nursery


A friend of mine recently mentioned to me that she had not yet seen pictures of Macario’s nursery. Then I realized I’ve never really shown it off, but since so many of our loved ones contributed so much to it I figured I would whip up a blog entry to show off his space!

First of all let me just say this boy loves his room! He’s now at an age where he can play independently (although he doesn’t always want to be left to be independent) and he can sure wreck the place.
I was purging his dresser on this day.
 
The aftermath!
One of my favorite things about his room is this sign I made. It’s simply done, but I thought it made the room look complete!
Photo taken in July 2011 (14 weeks old)
 
The picture of Macario's crib (see above) was taken when Macario was 14 weeks old. Since then, we’ve moved his crib to the opposing wall and lowered the mattress. Here is a closer look at his crib. There is a trundle dresser on the crib which we use to house his blankets, extra sheets and sleep sacks.
 
Next to his crib is his dresser, on top of which is his monitor, basket of socks and his lamp. When I was getting his room ready, I was disappointed to find that the lamp which matches his bedding was no longer available. Fortunately, a friend of mine from work found this lamp at a consignment sale and picked it up for me! It works perfectly in his room.
 

The dresser drawers contain (from top to bottom) 1) his onesies, bibs and beanies 2) pants 3) pajamas, and 4) clothes for cousin Angelo. Macario shares his room with his big cousin Angelo who often comes to spend the night with us.

 
 
Next to his dresser is a basket of books. He’s still not patient enough to sit for a book, but he loves to play with them, so we keep them within his reach.

 
 
 The next wall is the closet space. In the closet we have a shelf for his diapers and wipes. Also in his closet are outfits and coats which are hung. The self above has bins in which I keep bath towels and other extras.
 

This side of his room also is where his door is. Hung between his door and the closet is a sombrero which has been in Aaron’s family since he was a little boy and a play clock I bought for Macario on a whim. Below that is his basket of toys. It used to be a laundry basket, but I am not as anal about washing his clothes separately anymore, so the basket is now used for toys. Keeping his toys in that basket rather than a box gives him easier access to his toys which is nice for him at this age.
 
 
Along the next wall is his bassinet. The bassinet was stationed in our bedroom, where Macario slept until he was 12 weeks old. There is a shelf on the underside of the bassinet which used to house receiving blankets, sleepers, diapers, wipes, a safety kit, and things like lotion and Desitin.

It still contains receiving blankets, which we rarely use, but it also is extra storage for Angelo’s clothes and some of Mac’s lesser used items.

I also use the bed portion of it to hold Mac’s clean laundry when I can’t put it away immediately (when he’s asleep or when I’m too busy).
 
 In the corner, just next to the bassinet are other items that Macario rarely uses. These items are either too advanced for him still or things he’s outgrown that need to be stored away. (There is also a basket full of clothes that he has outgrown in his closet, but I forgot to get a picture of that). We are likely not going to be getting rid of any of his things. I’m too attached to let go of most of it and I’d also like to hold onto it in case we do ever have another child. For now, he’s our one and only and that is plenty, but neither one of us is against having another so I'll just hold onto his stuff for now (or maybe forever).
Finally, the wall opposite his door is where our rocking chairs are situated. I rock Macario to sleep in that chair every night and he has most of his feedings during the day there too because he gets too distracted to take a bottle if we try to feed him anywhere else in the house.
 
 

So that’s it. That’s his nursery. It’s constantly evolving and things are constantly being added or taken away, but he loves it no matter what state it’s in.

No comments:

Post a Comment