I hoped to make the most of it, and by that I mean getting lots of relaxation in while at the same time getting things taken care of at home and getting Macario back into a better sleep pattern. I can say it was mostly relaxing, but I didn’t get as much accomplished as I would have liked.
Saturday was just fine, we stayed home all day. I spent a lot of quality time with Macario, and also helped get him napping better. Of course, I got some cleaning and laundry done too. In between my duties, I caught a few peeks at the 49ers’ playoff game which Aaron was watching. What an exciting game! It’s nice to see them have some success. Aaron was really happy with the outcome of the game. That guy is so dedicated to that team and has been through good and bad years. He deserves a good season!
Sunday started out fine as well. Macario and I headed out for breakfast with my family in the morning. At breakfast, the host brought Macario a little plate with Cheerios and an orange wedge on it when he brought us a high chair. I got a kick out of that and couldn’t stop saying “that is so cute!” I just loved that they did that because it was like they recognized that he is his own little person and not just some thing that is attached to me. He was treated like an individual. So CUTE!
After breakfast my mom, sister and I took a little trip to the store. I went there specifically to get facial wash and hair cutting scissors. I forgot the scissors, so I had to go back, but by then Macario was asleep thank God.
Besides visiting with my parents that day, I had plans to come home and do some more cleaning. You know you’re a parent when you are constantly cleaning, yet nothing ever feels clean. I swear I spend half my day at work and the other half cleaning. No complaints, it’s just crazy how little I seem to get accomplished even though I feel like I’m always going!
Back to my story. I had plans to clean. My house is otherwise pretty well kept, but I noticed spider webs as I was getting us ready in the morning, so I was determined to get those things swept up. However, on my way home Aaron called to tell me he wasn’t feeling well, so I rushed home with some soup for the poor guy. With him being sick, that left me alone to watch after Macario and no time to do the real deep cleaning I was hoping to do.
I continued to get things cleaned and organized, but with a very active infant I got very little done.
The next day Aaron felt better, but I was not feeling so well. We had plans to visit with his mom in the morning then go to the park to get some exercise in, so I tried to put it out of my mind. Macario and I visited with Aaron’s mom while Aaron worked for a couple of hours. Later on it was so cold out that we decided to skip the park.
Throughout the day I noticed that Macario had not had much of an appetite, and since Aaron and I had both been sick with a stomach bug, I was suspicious that he might have caught it too.
My suspicions were confirmed when he threw up ALL OVER me in public. I mean there was vomit everywhere! It got all over my shirt and into my crotch. I even found some in my pockets! He had it coming out of his little baby nose the poor guy! After he let it all out, Aaron took him from me and rushed him outside to get some fresh air while I stayed behind to clean up the mess.
I stood there in disbelief for a few moments wondering if that all really just happened and also wondering what I was supposed to do. Get someone to come clean up the mess? Leave our stuff and go get myself cleaned up? I just stood there trying to hide the puke stains like you'd hide a little dribble of ketchup on a white shirt, but I had more puke on me than clothing!(that's only a slight understatement).
When I realized there as no disguising the puke (on my black shirt), I accepted the situation for what it was and just cleaned up my son’s bodily fluids before hitting the door. You know you’re a parent when this becomes your new normal.
![]() |
| Sorry, Mom! |
![]() |
| Saltines make it all better. |





You poor thing! I hope he feels better!
ReplyDelete