Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Weekend (Jan 28/29)

I've had a lot on my mind these last few weeks, but I'm still enjoying life because I get to spend my days with these two cuties!
This weekend we had gorgeous weather. It was a little chilly, but the sun was out and it was just great to be outside.

Saturday morning, Mac and I were home alone while Aaron went to work. We played, I cleaned, he played some more and then I put him down for a nice long nap.
The aftermath of Hurricane Mac!
While he napped, I did a kickboxing workout that I found on TV and boy I'll tell you that workout kicked my butt!

After a nice long nap, Macario and I got ready so that we could go have lunch with Aaron. We went back to the scene of the crime (where Mac threw up all over me a few weeks ago), but this time we had a good dining experience. Thank goodness for the other diners too! Mac was waiving at people and was just being a little charmer as usual which is so fun to watch.

When we were done with lunch we headed off to the big park. Aaron ran a few laps around the park while Macario and I walked a lap. One lap around the park is over a mile, so I would say I put in my work out that day. Here's Macario working hard on our stroll. You laugh, but it's not easy being that cute!

Can you believe he's big enough to sit in the umbrella stroller? I was sad the day we bought this, but a little happy that we no longer have to lug the big travel system around everywhere. (P.S. never mind my messy purse). *embarrassed*

Anyhoot, I needed to go to the store to pick up some cleaning supplies, laundry soap and other things for Macario, so after the park I dropped Aaron off at home and took Mac with me to Target. By the time I got home I only had enough time to get everything put away, Macario fed, bathed and in bed before I felt like crashing, so I held off on laundry until Sunday morning. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get it all done on Saturday, but it's never-ending anyway, so I can't be too hard on myself!
Some of my sorted laundry
Shirts needing stain treatment
A small portion of clean/folded clothes

After breakfast on Sunday, I finally got started on laundry. I got quite a bit of it done, but not all because we left to visit with Aaron's parents and his brothers for a little while.  We got home in time for dinner, but all my night time chores take priority over laundry, so it's still not done! Oh well.

All in all it was a pretty mellow weekend. Just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment