One fun fact about us is our brothers and our uncle and father share birthdays and they all occurred this weekend. My brother Junior and Aaron's brother Lalo share a birthday (Jan. 7) and my dad and Aaron's uncle share a birthday (Jan. 8). Needless to say we each spent time with our families celebrating their big days.
Saturday morning got off to a rough start. Macario is in agony waiting on his first teeth to come in and was a crying mess all morning. Nothing I did was helping. All he wanted was for me to hold him and I couldn't get anything done. His mood was much different from Friday night when he was happy as a clam.
See:
I felt so bad for the poor guy and, since I wasn't getting anything done anyway, I decided to take him for a walk to the park. The fresh air always helps him to relax and it worked like a charm. We slid down the slide, swung on the swing and he walked around in the bark.
It was a really windy day and I was afraid for something to kick up and get in his eye, so we played for just a little while and thn we headed off to grab lunch. Macario and I ate and then ordered a sandwich for Aaron.
By the time we got home, Aaron was there waiting (he left early that morning for work). He ate his lunch while I quickly got ready and then we headed off to his brother's house for a little get together to celebrate the birthdays.
On our way there, we stopped to pick up a cake from Whole Foods. It was so pretty and tasted really yummy too!
![]() |
| Someone got to the cake! |
![]() |
| Aaron wishing his uncle a happy birthday |
![]() |
| I imagine he was thinking "Yee Ha" in his baby mind! |
When we got home, we decided to let Macario sleep with us, so that we could get some much needed rest. The discomfort from teething is disrupting his sleep. Couple that with the separation anxiety he's going through and you can imagine how our nights are going. Sheesh!
I am game to just tough it out, but Aaron insisted we just bring him into bed with us until he is not in so much pain. I don't mind getting better sleep, but I hope that when the time comes we'll be able to get him back into his own bed without too much trouble.
With a good night's sleep, I woke up bright and early Sunday morning and got us ready for church. I was a little nervous about how Macario would behave given that he spent all of Saturday morning screaming and crying, but he behaved beautifully. Everyone at church thinks he's the cutest thing, and a lady we met a couple of weeks ago sat near us just so she could exchange smiles with Macario. She told me, "he makes church fun for me." I took it as a compliment, but it made me wonder if church was boring to her before she met us. *shrug*
After church we headed over to my parents' house to wish my dad a happy birthday. I made him a photo card with Macario's picture on it and he got confused by it! *chuckle* He thought I was giving him an invitation to a party for Macario's birthday, so he just set it to the side. When I pointed out what it was he laughed at himself. Oh, dad.
While we were there visiting, my cousin showed up with her little boy who is my dad's godson. He was so excited to see Macario and vice versa. They played together so well. Her son is about 2 and half and is really sweet to Macario. He loves to show him things and share with him.
My mom has a set of baby instruments and so the two of them were putting on a concert for us. Macario was singing and my little cousin was playing the drums!
We made sandwiches for lunch and got a surprise when my cousin's son gave Macario his sandwich when we weren't looking. Macario took a huge bite out of the sandwich before we got it away from him and was sitting in his chair with bread hanging out of his mouth! It was so funny!
After that scare, my cousin and I chatted for a while as we ate our lunch. When we were done, I got Macario ready to go since I still had some things to get done before the work week.
Macario slept in his crib for the first half of the night, but came into bed with us after I fed him his dream feed.
We had a really nice weekend, but I'm sad thinking about what next weekend will be like since Aaron will be gone all day Saturday and Sunday at a seminar a couple of hours away! At least he'll be home with us at night.








No comments:
Post a Comment