BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS
WITH SALSA VERDE AND FETA
![]() |
| Courtesy - finecooking.com |
This recipe comes from a special edition of Fine Cooking magazine which features one pot meals. Very much up my alley! This is the second meal I've made from the magazine and plan to keep making more.You can find the actual recipe here.
I didn't take the time to capture a picture of my dish, but I'll admit, it did look very pretty! I swapped out the Feta Cheese for Cotija Cheese (Mexican cheese) and skipped the salsa verde (I just didn't have the motivation to do it).
Also, I didn't cook the beef as long as the recipe suggests and that was a mistake. The ribs were definitely edible and according to my diners they tasted just fine, but they were not as tender as they could have been if I would have allowed them the proper cook time, so DON'T skimp on that if you decide to try this recipe for yourself.
The side dishes I "made" were macaroni and cheese and a mixed green salad with a balsamic vinaigrette.
Happy eating everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment