Sometimes in life you have opportunities to tell the truth even if doing so will hurt another person's feelings, but you do it anyway in an effort to help.
I have been tested recently and when faced with the decision to tell the truth so that things can get better or simply bite my tongue to spare feelings. I chose to let honesty win.
Sure, it would be easier if I had just let things go. Yes, it would be nice for things to be "A-OK" again. Do I really want to deal with the bad stuff? No. Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that and sometimes honesty is the greatest give you can give to someone.
I've hurt some feelings by not letting the sleeping dog lie, but it's because I want more for those I love. I'd love it if life weren't so complicated, but it is and pretending it isn't won't get us far.
Maybe one day someone will appreciate that I didn't want to settle for superficial smiles and half-hearted relationships. For now I guess I'm just the bad guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment