Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Story (Link Up)



In honor of Valentine's Day (which by the way is less than a week away in case you need to still shop)  I am linking up with From Mrs to Mama and sharing our love story. Pop over there and read other couple's sweet stories too if you'd like!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
11 years this May. We’ll celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary this June!
2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}
We “met” on the phone through a mutual friend. I was 16 and Aaron was 18. We talked everyday (for hours at a time) for about a week when we decided we wanted to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Soon after that we met in person. It was such an amazing feeling to be able to hug him that first time! From there we dated for about three years and then split up for about two years. During the time we were "off" we were still very close and eventually fell back into a relationship. The time off was important to the growth of our relationship. In that time we had many experiences together and apart and grew up both as individuals and as couple. I realized that what I thought was love as a teen was nothing compared to what it could be as an adult. We were back together for about a year and a half when we got engaged (on our 7th anniversary) and we got married less than a month after that! It took 7 years to get to that point, so I guess Aaron didn't want to waste any more time. *chuckle*
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We have been married for 3 years and 7 months. We'll celebrate our 4th anniversary in June.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married in a small wedding chapel. Our wedding was very small with only about 15 people in attendance. After the ceremony we all headed off to the casino for dinner and some fun!
The Chapel
Celebrating after the ceremony
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Aaron's nick-name for me is mama, but he also calls me Mar or MiMi every now and then. My nick-name for him is angel. We both call each other baby more often than we use the other nick-names.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is honest with me about everything (though sometimes to a fault)
He is a very passionate person. I don't know what it's like to feel things as deeply as he does, but I try.
He is an amazing father, even exceeding his own expectations (but I already knew he'd be great!)

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It was our 7th anniversary and I had made him a really nice dinner (crab legs, fresh veggies, etc.), set up candles on the table, and got all dressed up. When he got home, I gave him his gift and showed him the meal I prepared. Then suddenly he said, "Let's get married." When I asked him if he was serious, he replied, "I would be stupid not to marry a girl who would do all this for me" to which I said, "well, if I had known that all I had to do to get you to marry me was make you some crab legs I would have done it a long time ago!" *chuckle* 

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? 
He definitely thinks of himself as a strawberries, champagne, and rose petals guy, but I haven't experienced a whole lot of that. He usually just does sweet things for me on a regular basis, like making the bed. He almost never does it, but he knows a messy bed makes me anxious so every now and then he makes the bed and it means the world to me!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? 
I think I'm both. I'd love to have a romantic dinner on the beach (or outside anywhere because I love to dine al fresco), but I also LOVE when we can relax at home with yummy food and a good movie! 

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? 
I would love to take a road trip across the country with my boys. The thought is a little intimidating, but I love to road trip with Aaron and everything is better when we include our son!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
Our plan is to take our little guy out to dinner and then to make a Valentine Bear at Build-a-Bear! It is on a weeknight after all.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I'd love to be surprised by Aaron making something for me with our son, but I am happy just to spend the day with those two. 

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
If it's true, try to remind yourselves that you both want a strong and loving relationship and are working towards the same goals. When Aaron and I disagree it's nice to pull back and remember that we both are fighting for the same cause and it helps us get back on track! Oh and try to say something or do something sweet for one another once a day. It isn't a rule for us, but I try to do that and when Aaron does it for me it gives me that little something sweet to hold onto during those moments when he's being not so sweet!

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you. 
Our first day out of the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment