Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Whats for Dinner: Lazy Daze

Let me start this off by saying that sometimes I have lazy days. On days like that I just can't seem to think of anything to make or find the motivation to make it for that matter.

Last night was one of those days. Macario was up in the middle of the night Monday night into Tuesday morning and then was up again just before 6 am on Tuesday morning, so I got little sleep.

So anyway, all of that is my way of saying, "I'm tired!" and it was my good friend, the freezer section, to the rescue!!!

Last night I made a  P.F. Chang's Home Menu meal.  Aaron and I have been wanting to go to the restaurant, so I figured it would be fun to give their frozen meal a try.
I picked up the Beef with Broccoli and served it with some brown rice. It was easy to make. All you do is pour the contents of the pouch into a skillet, cover and cook on medium/high temp for 12 minutes. THATS IT!

I was so excited to have dinner made in 12 minute (not including the steam time for my brown rice). The pouch says it's a meal for two and I agree that it's just enough for two people to have one large serving each. We got three servings out of it because I had one small serving and Aaron had one large and one small serving.

This definitely is a nice choice for those nights when you want to make a quick and easy meal. I have made beef and broccoli from scratch before and I have to say I prefer homemade simply because you have more control of the flavors, but this was a really nice meal considering it came from the freezer section.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a way to get dinner served with minimal effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment