Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Weekend (Feb 4/5)

This weekend Aaron had to work again. Now that the track season has begun, he will start to have more meets on the weekends. Hopefully, Macario and I will be able to attend one of them soon!

While we waited for Aaron to get home, Macario and I hung out at home. We played and then he played while I cleaned. Then I gave him a mid-day bath. He usually only has a bath before bed, but this one was much needed. Macario also took two really good naps before Aaron got home Saturday afternoon, so I took those opportunities to clean and also get a workout in. I'm still under my pre-baby weight, but I have gained a few pounds recently, so I need to get my butt in gear!

When Aaron got home, we headed off to visit his grandmother at the cemetery. It was such a pretty day and it was getting close to dusk so the sun was shining a perfect light over us while we visited. 
 
 
Then, before heading home, we stopped at my favorite baby consignment store to pick up some pjs for Macario. I cannot believe this kid has outgrown his clothes AGAIN! I swear it's happening more and more quickly as he gets older!

On Sunday the three of us got up really early and left the house at 7:15 am. Aaron had a fundraiser to attend, so Macario and I dropped him off and then went shopping. While we were out I weighed Macario on the scales at the store and he was 23 lbs!!! It reminded me that he needs to be moved into a bigger car seat. That is exciting for his sake, but sad and a little inconvenient as now when he falls asleep in the car we won't be able to take him out in the seat. We'll probably have to wake him up...I still have to think about that one.

When Aaron was done with the fundraiser (right around 10 a.m.) I picked him up and the three of us darted out to have a late breakfast/early lunch (or brunch if you will).

Macario was in the cutest mood. He sat on Aaron's lap and shared his omelet, potatoes, and Mexican hot chocolate. He loved every bite (and sip)!
 
 
When we were done eating, Aaron spread out his work on the table while Macario and I played. He had so much fun waiving at people. He started to get antsy so we went for a walk. I'm so amazed at how well he can walk now. We just walked up and down the sidewalk, holding hands, strolling side-by-side. After a few strolls up and down the block we went back inside where Macario met a friend. This little old man sitting next to us was having such a fun time playing with Macario, shaking his hand and tickling his belly. Macario sure loved the attention! It was all so cute! I just love my friendly little guy.

After a bottle feeding my little man conked out for a nap and we headed home so I could make a green bean casserole to take to the super bowl/birthday party for Mari's birthday.

We had plans to go pick up some ink for our printer, but it was late (7:30 p.m.) when we left and Macario was ready for bed so we headed straight home.

I was so happy to have gotten so much done on Saturday because it meant that I got to go to bed before 10pm! SCORE!!!

It's funny how that is exciting. I remember that when I was younger the goal was to stay up as late as possible. My oh my how things change.

All in all I can say it was a great weekend. I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment