Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's for Dinner: FAIL!

So. Let’s just be honest. As my son gets older, I feel like I have more and more things to do and less and less time to get them done (and yes, I still would like another child). One thing that has been falling by the way side is dinner.

Thank goodness I have this blog and these What’s for Dinner posts which I have committed myself to, to motivate me to make a proper meal at least one night a week!

Monday night, you could have called me Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart or my favorite Susy Homemaker, but I failed to document the darn meal! The meal was so tasty, that it earned me a hug and an “I love you” from my husband! I’ll definitely be making it again, so I won’t share it now. You’ll just have to wait until the next time I make it to hear what it was.*smile*

Anyhow, everyday is a learning experience for me. I’ve realized that my house will never look the way it did before our bouncing baby boy came along and even with Aaron's help, we can’t possibly get everything done everyday (the way we used to) unless we are willing to sacrifice family time (and our sanity), so I’m trying to figure out what my priorities are during the week. I need to figure out what things I have time for and what things I should just let go of. Whenever (if ever) I figure out what my priorities are and in what order, I can promise you that making a good meal will definitely be at the top of the list. Especially after this dinner FAIL:

TUNA SANDWICHES with MACARONI & CHEESE
 and SPINACH

I call this meal a FAIL because the only cooking involved was boiling the macaroni and I was so distracted that by the time it hit the plate (at 10:30 p.m.) it was cold. At least there was something green on the plate. *chuckle*

I believe anyone could put this meal together without my instructions so I’ll spare you all the mumbo jumbo about how I put this "winner" together.

Oh, and I should also mention that after I bought the spinach, this weekend, I lacked the time or motivation (really just the motivation) to put the groceries away, so the spinach sat out overnight. Keep your eyes peeled for a possible “We’re Sick, Again!” post in the near future. Oh brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment