8/27 (9 weeks) – Today I had my first prenatal appointment for this pregnancy! Aaron came along, but had to leave early to make it to practice on time, so I updated him as soon as I left the doctor’s office. Knowing that the baby is doing well and seeing/hearing his or her little heartbeat leaves me feeling like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I am so happy and so nervous about all the changes heading our way. I was also excited to get an official due date based on baby’s size rather than my LMP as that was a little unreliable. Our baby is due 4/1/13. Hopefully I’ll go past my due date like I did with Macario. I don’t want my poor baby to be born on April Fool’s—although when (s)he is older (s)he might like that so I guess whatever happens is fine with me!
8/28 (9w1d) – Today I felt a lot of nausea. It’s weird because these days I can go a whole day and not feel much nausea (like yesterday) or I will feel sort of icky all day (like today). I fell asleep a couple of times at my desk today, so I guess I can’t say the fatigue has completely worn off, but as I creep up on the second trimester I think things will get better (keeping my fingers crossed)!
8/29 (9w2d) – The word of the day is HUNGRY. I’m not sure how much I’ve mentioned this before (although it is the most prevalent of all my symptoms), but I’m ALWAYS HUNGRY! I’m hungry before I eat, while I’m eating and immediately after I finish eating. The hunger pangs never go away. Last night, I nibbled on dinner as it cooked because I didn’t feel like I could wait any longer. Not surprisingly, I was still hungry by the time I served Aaron, so I served myself a plate. By the time I finished my serving I was feeling extremely hungry still. It’s not like when you finish a meal and still have room for seconds. This sensation feels as if I haven’t eaten all day! It’s so strange. I made myself sit and watch a show to try and distract from the hunger pangs, but by the time the show was over (an hour and a half later) I was STILL hungry. So, I ate a big bowl of cereal to at least help me get to sleep. Thank goodness I did because I don’t think I would have made it.
Another funny symptom I should point out is that I have been craving the craziest things! For instance, there is a bottle of watermelon margarita mix in the cabinet at home and every time I go in that cabinet and see it I think, “Ooo, I should have some…” until I remember that I can’t. I don’t know how many times I saw that bottle before I was pregnant and didn’t give it a second look, now I’m kicking myself for not having a sip sooner! Also, I have been wanting coffee. I’m not a regular coffee drinker; in fact I don’t even drink coffee. I usually have an iced white mocha with only half the usual amount of espresso, but these days I want REAL coffee. I made myself a cup of decaf before I left the house this morning. I felt like such a grown up walking out the door with my coffee in hand!
8/30 (9w3d) – I’m totally annoyed at how hungry I am. I picked up a sandwich at subway and when I finished eating it I wished I had bought a foot long because naturally I was still hungry. I’ve struggled to figure out what to make for dinners most nights which is odd considering this large appetite, but the catch is that I’m also nauseous at times, so nothing sounds very appealing to me.
8/31 (9w4d) – HUNGRY! By noon today I ate all the snacks I had with me (which were meant to last me the entire day) and I was still hungry. I was semi-disappointed when Aaron called to invite me for lunch because he wanted to go at 12:30 so that meant I needed to wait an extra half hour to get some more food. This is crazy!
I wore my maternity pants today. I don’t really need them yet, but I had no clean pants and really had no other choice. It was fun to be back in my old pregnancy clothes. I’ll need to buy a few things to replace what I had. I wore these pants to death in the last several weeks that I was pregnant with Macario!
9/1 – My intentions for today were to do all of our laundry and get some cleaning done. I got a lot of cleaning done and then had no motivation to do laundry. Other than lacking the energy to do everything I had tasked for myself I have been feeling really good today. It was nice to be home because I could nibble on food all day to keep from getting overly hungry. I actually seriously thought that I might have a tape worm or something, but only for a minute. I’m sure this is all pregnancy related…
9/2 – Headache! We had a nice day with Aaron’s family today, but I didn’t fully enjoy myself because I had a nagging headache all day. It was very mild, but just sat there bothering me all day. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off. Hopefully I’ll get to rest a while (Ha! Not with a toddler).
10 weeks tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment