Monday, July 30, 2012

Our Weekend (July 28/29)

I absolutely loved this weekend! First of all I got all of our laundry done. That almost never happens anymore, since we're sharing the machine with three extra people now-a-days. But most importantly, Macario and I got more time with Aaron that we're used to having and we had such a wonderful time just hanging out with him.

Friday
Friday afternoon, Aaron and Macario met me for lunch. They got a little turned around coming over, so we had just a short time together, but we fit a lot into that short time. 

Friday was a mind blowing day for me, so it all sort of feels like a blur. I can say it ended well and I was very much looking forward to spending the day with my boys on Saturday.

Saturday
I was definitely looking forward to Saturday and it didn't disappoint. First, Macario and I made it over to the eye doctor's to have my glasses repaired. I was so happy to finally get them repaired. They got busted less than a month after I bought them and I had to go back to wearing my old ones!
 
 
Afterward, we made a pit stop at Carter's which is having a huge sale right now. I love shopping there especially when they're running a sale (they always have good ones). 

I had no intentions of buying anything like this, but when I saw this outfit, I had to have it. We may or may not have use for it next year, but I could not pass it up!
Aaron and I hung out at home for a few hours getting some chores done together. We washed the car (our other car is in the shop and we get our rental this week--yay!) together and I also did some laundry.
 
Then Aaron had some quiet time while I tried to get Mac down for a nap. He wouldn't go down, but I was able to get him to a more mellow state while I stole a quick nap. I'm really lacking energy these days. I could fall asleep right now to be honest, but I keep pushing!

By mid-afternoon we were out the door on our way to pick up some things for Aaron's mini camping trip. He was spending one night out camping in town and needed a few supplies including, beer, cigars, and bait. I had to insist they take some food! *chuckle* Boys!

On our way to pick up, Aaron's cousin we continued a very interesting conversation we started on Friday and when we got to the park we all hung out while Macario ran around like a mad man! I walked him over to the horses which he loved staring at. If I would have let him, I think he would have jumped the fence to go play with them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He was crazy for the ducks too. Anything with feathers is a bird in his mind, so he kept yelling "Bir" and running toward the water.  Aaron let him get his feet in thinking he'd not like it and run the other way, but that kid loves water, so after that we had a hard time keeping him out!

Between us keeping him from the water and bedtime approaching, Macario was done for the night, so I called my mom to pick us up and we left the guys behind.

Sunday
On Sunday morning, my mom, Macario and I attended church. Macario is so active that it's hard to keep him occupied (quietly), but we did our best. He really starts to have a hard time as we get further into the service, but all in all he did well.
My mom brought us back to meet with Aaron after church and then we all got ready to have some lunch and then pay a visit to Aaron's grandmother. Macario insisted on putting the flowers in the vases himself, so Aaron helped him get them in there (and leave them there).
 
And at lunch he didn't want to be fed either. He fed himself and drank his strawberry water from an open cup all by himself. I can't believe how grown up he's becoming.
 
 
The guys told me about the fun they had camping out and a little craziness that went on. Aaron seemed excited to get back to us when it was over.

In the afternoon, we came home and did some more chores before Macario and I went grocery shopping.

When we got home, I brought in the groceries and then let Macario play outside for a while. That led to the three of us joining my sister and two little cousins at the neighbor's for a swim!  

Our little guy is such a water baby, but hates to be put on his back in the water. Not sure why that is!
Swimming to Daddy!
Mac and his cousins
He loves his big cousins!
 
Afterward, Macario and I got washed up and then I served him dinner. His bedtime routine was a little out of whack because he took a bath first, but he seemed fine.

After I got him to bed, I finished up in the kitchen and did the last of the laundry.

Aaron and I had a little time for some more conversation before heading off to bed ourselves.

At one point Aaron said, "this has been a cool weekend" and I fully agreed. We have not spent as much undivided (except for the camping part) time with each other in a while. It was amazing to have him take a break and just be with us. 

I'm looking forward to him joining us for church next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Fun weekend!! Mac looks like he loves swimming! And that little outfit is to DIE for !!!!

    ReplyDelete