Wow! I can't believe how fast this week flew by. I was sort of disappointed at losing week of progress (my due date was pushed back at my first ultrasound), but I'm already at 11 weeks and that seemed happen so quickly!
This is a recap of what I experienced during the 10th week of pregnancy:
If you’re reading this be forewarned that some topics in here might be TMI for some. I should have mentioned this in my first post, although I don’t know how much warning you need if you’re voluntarily reading about pregnancy symptoms. As magical as pregnancy is, it’s not always pretty!
9/3 (10 Weeks) – I’m so excited to be starting my 10th week today (for real this time). It feels really good to be in the double digit weeks. My doctor’s office considers their patients to be in their second trimester once they reach 12 weeks, so I’m really happy to be just a couple weeks away from that milestone. Today I decided that my breasts have already outgrown my bras. I have been in denial since I just purchased 4 new bras the week before I found out I was pregnant, but I don’t think I can keep squeezing these suckers into my current bras for much longer. I’m hoping to get out sometime this week to buy some new bras. Maybe one day on my lunch hour. I’m just not sure where to go. Of the two bras I have from Motherhood only one has underwire support (which I need) but the underwire popped out after a few uses, so I don’t think I want to spend my money there…
Anyhow, I noticed that my right breast is much fuller than my left. It spills out of the cup a lot more than the left breast. I thought it was all in my head, but I asked Aaron and he agreed. I also noticed that, that is the only breast I feel any painful sensations from. I’ll get sharp pains in the nipple and that’s about it.
Today Aaron, Macario and I had lunch at P.F. Changs and it was so good! That was not our original destination, but when we were about a block from the place we set out for, we noticed a cop redirecting cars away from the parking garage because it was full! Aaron and I both declared that it was Labor Day’s fault and we decided to go somewhere else. I was really upset at the setback because I was so EXTREMELY hungry (what’s new?), but think I hid it well. We quickly decided on P.F. Changs. We had never been and that normally would make me nervous, but at that point I would have agreed to eat mud, so I figured “what the heck?” Fortunately, this was a much better option.
Walking from the car to the restaurant seemed like an eternity. Luckily we were seated immediately, but I was so hungry I jumped the gun and ordered appetizers before the waiter even got our drink order. Then I ordered a strawberry lemonade to get some sugar in me since I thought that might help (I usually drink water when we go out). Between the lemonade and my appetizer of spring rolls I was feeling much better. Good thing too, ‘cause the salad had a soapy taste to my pregnant tongue (I say that because Aaron had the same salad and said it was fine). Thankfully my entrĂ©e was heaven on a plate! Mac shared with me (even though he had his own food) and he loved it just as much. I felt bad for him though because I had devoured half of the plate before we started sharing and he kept asking for more once my plate was clean. Even though I was still hungry, I let him eat the second half of the plate to himself because he loved it so much! He has no idea what a huge sacrifice that was on my part. Hopefully one day he’ll appreciate it!
Afterward Macario and I went to the grocery store and left Aaron to ride his bike home. Aaron asked what I was going to get and I said “Not much just some stuff for the week.” I ended up spending $114 on groceries. That’s what happens when you send a hungry pregnant lady to the grocery store!
9/4 (10w1d) – I just realized am far enough along to do the Intelligender Test. I think I want to do it! I’m also going to watch some YouTube videos to see what other gender tests there are out there and how accurate they are! I know nothing is going to be 100% accurate, maybe not even 90%, but it will be fun to try. Oh yeah…I’m also starving again today. For like the 3rd time in a row, I ate all of the snacks I brought for the day before noon! I don’t have much else to say about my symptoms for today. I’ve felt the usual: hungry, tired, nauseous. I’m trying to remind myself that I am thankful for these nuisances because they are the greatest indicator to me of how my baby is doing. I have myself convinced (like before) that as long as I still feel icky then I know baby is growing well.
9/5 (10w2d) – Tonight I did the baking soda test. I combined some of my urine with a bit of baking soda to see what sort of reaction there would be if any. Supposedly, if there is any reaction then you are expecting a boy. No reaction would suggest girl. I got a very fizzy response which would suggest boy. We shall see just a few weeks left!
9/6 (10w3d) – Pretty uneventful day. Not feeling overly sick or tired or hungry. Maybe I’m getting past the FOOD FRENZY or maybe I was too busy at work to notice. I didn’t have the Legal Analyst with me today so I was flying solo at work.
9/7 (10w4d) – Still feeling ok. I had a bit of nausea here and there, but nothing major and almost not even noticeable except I was paying close attention because I thought maybe yesterday I just didn’t pay close enough attention to notice.
9/8 (10w5d) – Today was a bit of a relaxed day. I didn’t notice much nausea at all. I stayed pretty busy: I did laundry and played with Macario all day. We had a BBQ for dinner which was nice, but my appetite was low so all I ate was baked potatoes. That is a change from the extreme hunger I’ve been feeling!
9/9 (10w6d) – Mac, Aaron and I went to his little cousin’s birthday party today. I chased Macario all around which left me feeling pretty exhausted by the end of the day. I did not feel as hungry as I have felt for the last several weeks. I ate a plate and a half of food (shared half a play with Mac) and then nibbled a little more a few hours later. I just ate some cereal for dinner and now I’m headed to bed early (10:30 p.m.)
I'll be putting up some belly pictures soon as I'm really starting to round out a lot more lately!

No comments:
Post a Comment