Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weekend Adventures (Aug 11 - Sept 26)

About two weeks ago, I went to lunch with a couple of my ex co-workers and one of them mentioned that I have not been updating this blog as much.

Partly, I've been really busy with all these changes we've been going through, but mostly the reason is that I lost the USB cord to my camera and have not been able to upload any pictures!  I do sometimes upload pictures from my phone, but the camera on it has been working only intermittently and casting a red tint on the pictures it does decide it will take! So, there has been technical difficulties on top of whatever else has been distracting me, but I finally bought a new cord so I have plenty to share to bring this blog back to speed!

My last weekend update was back at the beginning of August. I actually just updated that post to add more pictures to it. The kids had a lot of fun that weekend.  Feel free to go check that out if you like! Our Weekend (Aug 4/5)

The next weekend was Aaron's birthday weekend!  He turned the big 3-0.  Despite not being so happy about turning 30 he was really excited to celebrate with a drive to Reno, NV for Hot August Nights! The last time we were in Reno was to get married, so it was really fun to be back there with our son and me pregnant!


Macario loved indulging in snacks, playing in the arcade and watching the parade with Aaron.



That Sunday we had a BBQ dinner with Aaron's family to celebrate his actual birthday.

That was a really exhausting weekend (worth it, but exhausting) so I was happy that we chose to have a relaxed weekend at home the following week.  

Weekend of 8/18. 
Mac even slept in a little!  That was a special treat!

We picked up the activity the next weekend, but not as much as usual.  We went to a going a way BBQ for one of Aaron's younger cousins who was moving to Arkansas with his Dad and Step-Mother.  That was over pretty early in the afternoon and we were home by 4 p.m!  That Sunday was another quiet day.  As we got into football season, Aaron started wanting to be home more on the weekends to enjoy the games, which is fine by me!
August 25, 2012
The next weekend I have no pictures of.  Since I couldn't unload my camera I had no room on it for more pictures.  We spent that Saturday at home cleaning and then went to a diaper shower for Lalo and Mari. Their third little boy is due any day now!

We had another party the following weekend (the second of three in a row)! I cleared up some space on my camera so I could take pictures and I'm glad I did. Macario had so much fun playing with the kids and jumping in the jump house.  Unfortunately, he came a way with a rash and stomach bug from it!  At least he enjoyed himself while it lasted.

Chuito's B-day party 9/9/12
The third party weekend in a row was next (Sept 15/16).  It was our nephew Lalito's 2nd birthday.  Again I could not take pictures because my camera was full, but I did pick this one up from Aaron's cousin.  These are our little ones in their team jerseys!  So cute!
And to bring us current, last weekend (Sept 22/23) was another busy one.  We took a family road trip for one of Aaron's XC meets.  I expected the weather to be cooler where we were going, but it was as hot there as it was back home. The poor athletes were dropping like flies in the dry heat! I was happy to be tucked away in the shade with the team moms!

On Sunday, the 49ers played, so we stayed home. I got us ready for the week while Aaron enjoyed a little down time.

I hope to stay caught up now that I can get the pictures off my camera again!  I'll also be hopefully posting some ultrasound pictures of Baby No. 2.  I've already had two ultrasounds because my doctor's office is awesome and lets me get a peek in there often.


No comments:

Post a Comment