Not to worry, all is well with Macario. He has a persistent rash that was spreading and he started running a fever yesterday, so I decided to take him back in as that was what his doctor instructed me to do if anything changed or worsened. My mom reported to me that Dr. C thinks Mac's rash is looking good and told her to have me continue doing what I've been doing. He also suggested I give him Tylenol for the fever and Pedialyte since he isn't eating much. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.
Baby number two is doing great! I got to have another ultrasound to check baby's heartbeat. This time baby looked a lot more like a baby and was snuggled nicely in my belly!
I've lost 2 lbs from my last appointment (which is actually a total of 5 lbs lost since I found out I was pregnant). No one seemed concerned, and I have plenty of extra plush to go around, so I'm not concerned either.
All my lab results from last appointment came back perfect and my nurse seemed really excited for me. She and I discussed birth options again. Though I'm not sure whether Aaron and I have more kids after this, I think it's best to try for a VBAC delivery as the possibility for more is always out there. After two c-sections, you're pretty much committed to only having c-sections. Even though my recovery from the c-section was amazing, I am concerned about repeated c-sections because the risks increase with each subsequent procedure. After taking these things into consideration, I've decided it's wise to try for a VBAC. I will remain open to having another c-section because it may turn out to be necessary.
The reason I say that is because my nurse and I also talked about my previous pelvic injury again. At my earlier prenatal visits with Macario, I told her I believed that the way my pelvis healed would cause me to have trouble delivering naturally, but neither she or my doctor seemed to think so. Therefore, I tried to do a vaginal delivery. Unfortunately, he never descended even though I had fully dilated and I ended up with a c-section. The only way we'll know for sure if my pelvis is the reason for that is to try again and see what happens this time. If I end up in the same position, then I'll feel safe saying that my pelvis is the cause, but hopefully baby will be a good size and well-positioned and I won't have have any problems. Fingers crossed!
My next appointment is at 17 weeks (at my request because I scheduled it the same date as Macario's well-check). Hopefully we'll be scheduling an appointment with a private sonographer before then to determine baby's gender!
After today's appointment I feel like this is all sinking in more. I've seen baby twice now and (s)he is growing strong. I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment