Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January Recap


I can’t believe the month is almost over and I have not done my Year in Review post or done a single weekend recap!


This month has been especially daunting because Macario and I were sick off and on for a majority of the month. In addition to that I am more anxious than ever to get things ready for the new baby.

I keep saying that I’m ready to start prepping for his arrival, but the pressure is really on now as I have not accomplished much this month. I have a list of things I need/want to get done before he is born and I keep adding to that list faster than I’m checking things off.

In another post (which will come immediately after this one) I will discuss all the things on my list and also talk about my New Year’s Resolution.

For now a recap of how we have been enjoying time as a family!

January 5 & 6

This weekend Macario got his first haircut. I did a separate post about this because I did not want to forget about any of the details. In a nutshell, we cut off more than I anticipated (but Aaron really felt it was necessary) and Macario handled the experience like a champ! I was so proud of him and managed to get out of there without shedding a tear! He looked so handsome and not as grown up as I thought he would which made me extremely happy.

He still looks like my baby boy *smile*

January 12 – 13


I am required to take one unpaid day off per month at my new job and I chose this Friday as my day off because I had a prenatal appointment. Fortunately, I did because Mac also wasn’t well and needed to go see his doctor. I got all good feedback from my doctor and Mac wasn’t too bad either. He had some discharge in his eye and obviously had a cold so his doctor put a prescription for eye drops in and told me to continue with the at home care that I have been doing with Mac. I hoped to rule out pink eye, but we did not. I left with instructions to keep an eye on the state of Mac’s eyes and pick up the prescription if I notice any worsening…

By Saturday I decided that we should get the drops for Mac’s eyes, so we did and I administered one dosage that day. He hated it and I hated having to do it, but both Aaron and I want to make sure he gets better soon and the eye infection does not cause permanent damage. Being a parent is HARD!

We invited my dad over for a birthday dinner on Saturday night. He is never satisfied when we got o restaurants and I had already started dinner in the crock pot, so when my sister started making plans to take my dad out I suggested we just have him over and I was so glad we did.

It’s much nicer to eat at home when you have a toddler and my dad LOVED his meal (win/win). He’s a tough critic, but raved about my chicken and had extra servings (you don’t get seconds at a restaurant!)

The next day we stayed home and got our household stuff done. I started feeling sick so I was moving more slowly than I normally do and wasn’t ready to hit the grocery store until game time, so Mac and I went alone while Aaron watched the 49er playoff game.

We picked up hot wings for him on the way home. Here is Mac enjoying some kettle corn while we wait on the wings!


January 19 – 21


Another three day weekend! Mac and I were sick the entire week and Aaron even ha d a touch of it himself, but by the weekend we were all finally starting to feel relatively better.

Saturday we headed out for a late breakfast at one of our favorite crepe shops. Mac has been going there since he was a baby and this time I kept day dreaming to the days when we will be there with both of our boys!

After breakfast (brunch, really) we took a little stroll and let Mac play on the steps of a church. He did so well walking up and down the steps and even marched up and down the steps (13 steps) without holding the rail! I couldn’t believe he managed to do it without holding on!

We took Mac to a park afterward to play while Aaron went for a jog and then made our way over to a local historical museum where they were having a special event. There were people dressed in period costumes and demonstrations.

Mac’s favorite part was the cannon launch and also the music. The violinist and his partner let Mac explore their instruments and pluck the strings. It was really a great day!

Sunday was another 49er game (the final game leading to the Super Bowl). Fortunately, the 49ers made it through and we will get a chance to watch them play the Ravens in February!

After the game we decided to go to Target. Aaron wanted to get a work out in at the same time so he took Mac on a bike ride over to Target while I followed behind in the car. At Aaron’s request I made spaghetti with Italian sausage and salad for dinner. I got a sweet kiss from Aaron who said it was the best meal he had ever eaten and I got quiet, hurried slurps from Mac indicating how well he enjoyed his food!

Mac turned 21 months (update to follow also) on Saturday so we got him a “Busy Book” of Disney’s Cars. It came with 12 Cars figurines and a play mat. He really loved the cars – so much so that he took them in the bath with him and then fought me to take them to bed!

Lastly, on Monday we did a little more cleaning and prep work. In the afternoon, Aaron picked Mac and me up and we headed out for a little family shopping. We ended up at Ikea where we bought storage items and some little things to get started on our Montessori set up. We also let Mac check out the kid’s showroom and he loved the beds. We kept envisioning what it would be like when we are ready to prepare a room for both of our boys. It’s going to be so sweet and being there yesterday got me even more excited about it!







Besides maybe needing more emphasis on the SICK aspect of this month, this pretty much sums it up.  We had a really nice time enjoying each other and trying to keep up on household stuff while fighting to get well!

No comments:

Post a Comment