Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pregnancy No. 2: 30 Week Recap


1/21 (30 Weeks) – So to give you an idea of how out of sorts I have been I totally announced that I was 31 weeks pregnant on Facebook today. I skipped an entire week! Haha. It was kind of exciting to think I had just 9 weeks left to go, but also freaked me out at the same time. I really got into panic mode wanting things done since I was down to single digit number of weeks remaining! I was off today and spent most of the day thinking about how behind I was. Thankfully, I wrote my weekly markers in my calendar as soon as I found out I was pregnant and also have weekly updates emailed to me to keep me on track and I earned back a week, so I realized I was jumping ahead before I got too worked up. When I did realize my mistake, I was half sad that I would have an extra week to wait before getting to see my sweet little one’s face, but also I was relieved to have that week back in order to prepare because I have not done nearly enough to get ready for him to arrive.

I feel significantly better than I did last week, so I enjoyed working on organizing the boys clothes and packing up some of the things Mac has outgrown to be saved for his baby brother!

1/22 (30w1d) – I’m back to work today. I really think Mac and I are over the colds and just struggling to get the residual congestion out of our systems. I’ll be so glad when we’re completely healthy again! Sleep has been challenging because of the cough. I had Mac back to sleeping in his own bed before we both got sick and since then he has not been able to sleep in his bed because the cough wakes him and upsets him so much. I’d love to keep him in bed with us, but it’s not plausible with the new baby coming. I really hope I can get us back on track now that he seems to feel better.

While on my lunch break today, I headed out to buy a new diaper bag. I thought of waiting until after my shower to see if we get a new one as a gift, but I really needed one now so I bought a new one and also picked up a couple of things for my boys! I really love saying that and I loved picking out little gifts for each of them.

The baby’s movements are so big that you can see my stomach jumping around when he moves. This has been the case for a while, but I keep forgetting to make note of it. The newest thing now is that I feel his little fingers fluttering around in my low abdomen. It’s really funny and a completely new sensation as Mac never did that. So far I have not felt hiccups. Mac had had several bouts of hiccups by this stage. I wonder if this little guy will get them.

1/23 (30w2d) – I feel a bit tired today. I slept fine last night, but I just felt really exhausted and I kept falling to sleep at my desk.

Aaron and Mac picked me up to have lunch downtown. It’s always nice to have the extra time with them and it really made my day. During lunch I was talking to Mac about his little brother. I asked him what things he was going to teach him and if he was going to be nice to him. He kept mumbling things and throwing in the word “brudder” every now and then. We totally had a conversation over lunch about his little “brudder!”

Today I had a few BH contractions that caused a little achiness in my abdomen. They felt like period cramps, but they did not come back after they stopped so I don’t feel concerned.

Speaking of pain in my abdomen, I have been feeling a strange pain in my ab which I think could be a hernia from the horrible cough I had. If the pain does not subside on its own I will likely contact my doctor.

1/24 (30w3d) – I fell asleep earlier than usual last night and then overslept by an hour today. I think that speaks to how tired I have been the past two days. I felt another BH contraction similar to yesterday’s contraction and also still feel the pain in my ab from the cough. I emailed my doctor about that and am waiting to hear back.

This pregnancy has been much more demanding on my body than the first, but I am not over being pregnant by any means. I love it and will be sad when my time is over. It’s just very interesting to me that it has not been as much of a breeze as my first experience!

1/25 (30w4d) – No entry today.

1/26 (30w5d) – I’ve started to notice an increase in the frequency of need to use the restroom. I often find myself feeling thirsty, but also really needing to go to pee! It’s a dilemma because I feel really parched and want a drink before I run to the restroom, but have such an urgent need to go that I’m afraid I won’t make it! It’s actually pretty funny. I also find myself not needing to go at all and then INSTANTLY needing to go. Today I walked with Mac to the park and as soon as we got there I had to go. I was not about to turn around and did not feel comfortable using the restroom there with Mac (as it would be hard to keep him from touching anything) so I held it. I managed to hold it for an hour and a half and then walk back home. The walk home was hard because I really had to go by then so my stomach was all cramped up and the pain in my bladder was very sharp, but I made it.

1/27 (30w6d) – Today I had hoped to finally pull the box of newborn/0-3 month clothes I have in storage, but we did not get around to it. I’m ok with it, but am really anxious to take a look at that stuff and assess what we have and don’t have. Also I’m much less anxious about hitting 31 weeks than I was earlier this week. I know that I feel like I have a million things to do, but I really just need to get our room straightened out and a place for baby to sleep set up as well as some clothes. Everything else will fall into place.

31 weeks…I’m ready for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment