Mac got his first haircut today and made his mommy and daddy so proud in made process.
I did a little research and found a place that was designed for kids and did a special certificate with before and after pics for baby's first haircut. It was a little pricey, but you have to do "firsts" in a special way and Aaron and I were both glad we did!
Mac tolerated the whole thing well. He was excited to play in the car they had in the waiting area and then was content to play with the toys they gave him in the chair.
He got a little squirmy close to the end, but that was because we did the cut in two stages. The first was an initial cut and we (Aaron) realized we could stand for him to have his hair a little shorter, so the stylist did a second cut.
In the end he did amazingly well. The other moms there complimented us on how cute he was and shared stories of how upset their kids were to have their first cuts. Aaron and I were both so proud of our big boy because he seems to take most things I'm stride.
Overall, the cut looks good and the experience was fun. No tears shed by anyone concerned (I did have to fight it though)!
Here are some pics of our big boy:





Such a cutie!
ReplyDelete