Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Year’s Resolutions and January Goals


My resolution for 2013 is to set up monthly goals and achieve as many of them as possible each month throughout the year.

The motivation behind that is just that I want to be better at using my time wisely and I want to feel more productive or at least continue to be as productive as I have been even after the new baby arrives.

I know life will get a lot more chaotic with another baby in the house and the demands on my time will be greater, but I don’t want to get overwhelmed and let that stop me from doing the things I want and need to be doing.

I will likely do a post at the beginning of each month discussing my progress on the previous month’s goals and adding new goals for the coming month.

So to get started I will lay out my goals for January, which are:

1. Fill out Mac’s Baby Book – this has really started to fall by the wayside. Fortunately I was a much better blogger than journaler and have the blog to look back at in order to get this goal completed, but it would have been better to get this done a little at a time along the way. So I will try to get it caught up and update it monthly (hopefully at the same time as I do his monthly blog updates).

2. Make a donation box and deliver it to Goodwill – I have been in a constant state of “purging” but I still feel like there is so much we can get rid of, so I want to get at least one box filled and take it to the Goodwill. Ideally, I’ll have more than one box to take, but one is something I can manage on my own without having to wait for someone to help me take it to drop off.

3. Pull stuff from storage – I am so anxious to get our baby stuff out of storage. I want to start washing things and getting them put away, but also need to sift through and see what I need as I gave a lot of stuff away when I originally packed the stuff up. I’m afraid I don’t have as much as I was thinking.

4. Organize Closets – My mom told me I could use one of the hall closets for the boys stuff, so I need to get that one and the closet in our room cleared out and organize our stuff back into them. I need to get stuff out of storage first to see what I have to make room for.

5. Set up Montessori Activity – I want to start setting up Montessori activities for Mac to work on. He really seems to love challenging activities and excels at them, so rather than letting him loose with his toys, I want structured activities set up and think that setting a goal to get at least one activity set up this month is a good start!

Those are my goals…I won’t tell how many I have accomplished (or not) so far this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment