Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pregnancy No. 2: 29 Week Recap

This one is a few days (almost a week late), but better late than never!  Today I am 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  This is a recap of week 29 of this pregnancy.  Enjoy!

1/14 (29 Weeks) – Today I was home sick with Macario. I was up coughing throughout the night and also up whenever Mac woke up coughing. Being pregnant this second time around has been much more demanding on my body than the first time. I keep saying things like that because it’s true and I’m sure (as I’ve said before) that it all has to do with being a parent to a toddler and having to tend to him when I would have otherwise been resting the first time around.


I woke up more than a half an hour before my alarm clock and decided to just get my day started since I wasn’t getting very much sleep anyway. 10 minutes later Mac woke up so we both took a hot shower to try and loosen up the phlegm. I intended to go to work, but then I started throwing up from all the coughing and the exhaustion hit me and I realized I really needed to stay home and rest. Good thing too ‘cause I ended up napping with Mac for three hours. 3!!! I would not have made it through the day at work.

We took things easy the rest of the day. My fever reached 101.1 and never came below 100 degrees today, so I think it was wise to take the extra day off. I felt bad though because I had last Friday off too so this turned out to be a 4 day weekend. It sucks that I got sick Sunday night instead of earlier in the weekend so I would have had more time to rest. I’ll be back to work tomorrow.

My pelvic and hip pains have been so bad lately that I’m starting to wonder if it’s sciatica too. The pain shoots down my butt and into my leg at times. I may need to talk to my doctor about it the next time I see her.

1/15 (29w1d) – I returned to work today. My back is really sore (the muscles in my back that is) from the cough. I was up almost an hour early today. I don’t know why that is, but I was just done trying to sleep by then. Fortunately, Mac slept until his regular time so I was able to sit under the hot shower for several extra minutes. I really hope I start to feel better soon because I have not been taking any medication to relieve the symptoms as neither Aaron nor I like the idea of me taking medication while I’m pregnant (except an epidural if needed, lol). I’m definitely looking forward to getting to bed early tonight.

1/16 (29w2d) – Mac and I are both still sick. This has been a rough month. We were both sick late in December and into this month and then just when I thought it was cleared up we got sick again. I think it’s probably the same cold resurging as neither of us was every really 100%, but that means this is a devil of a bug! I did sleep until my alarm went off today so that is an improvement and my heartburn is gone. It had been really raging the last two days (though I didn’t mention it) and that on top of the cold and cough was making me so much more miserable.

1/17 (29w3d) – Still sick. Now Aaron says he feels sick. That was inevitable since we all sleep together and Mac loves to crawl and cough all over both of us in his sleep. I’m getting off work an hour early today and tomorrow to come home and relieve Aaron of Mac duty as soon as I can. I don’t feel good myself, but it’s easier if we tag-team parenting duties than if we leave each other to fend for ourselves. Oh yes, and the heartburn is back. At least I had one day of relief.

1/18 (29w4d) – I’m still sick as well as Mac, but I think we’re both getting a little better now. Aaron says he is back to normal which is good, but I will still be getting off early today because I’m exhausted and even just that one little hour helps! The heartburn persists…

1/19 (29w5d) – We had a family day today. Mac and I still have some residual congestion and coughing, but are both feeling worlds better. The three of us went out for breakfast and then played around town. At one point we let Mac play on the steps of a church and after a few minutes of playing he started climbing up and down the stairs without holding the rail! We don’t have stairs at our house so he doesn’t get much practice with it which means none of us were sure if he could do that, but he did! I think he even surprised himself. I can’t believe how grown up he has become and that soon he will be playing big brother. I think he’s ready for it.

We stopped at the grocery store and I looked for candied papaya, so that I could try and get relief from this heartburn, but there was none. The produce guy confirmed that they don’t carry it at all. So annoying…

1/20 (29w6d) – No heartburn today except when I bend over or crouch down. Both actions send flames up my throat! We stayed home today and had Aaron’s family over to watch the 49er’s last playoff game. Aaron was so thrilled when they won and confirmed their spot in the SUPER BOWL! I actually got a little choked up because he was so happy. He has been waiting on this since 1994 and I have been waiting on it for the last 12 years that I’ve known him!

I worked on my brother-in-law’s taxes and started mine and Aaron’s during the game. I was excited to see we’ll be getting a bigger return than I had predicted (off mental calculations). It’s not a huge return, but at least we won’t owe (which I’m always afraid of) and it will be nice to have the extra cash flow when I’m on maternity leave. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment