Friday, January 25, 2013

Macario is 21 Months Old

Only 3 more months before you are 2 years old!  I don’t exactly know how to describe how I feel about that because part of me is extremely sad that you are not really a baby anymore and some day you won’t need me as much as you once did, but I’m also really proud and happy that you are growing up to be so smart and independent.

21 Months Old Today!

So handsome and so grown up!

Over the last month I have started to notice that shift a lot more.  You want to do things and CAN do things for yourself now.  You want to help adults do things we let you help more often now because more than it being cute to see you do things, it is actually helpful now!
No more crashing the cart all around the store!
Helping set up dinner in the crock pot.


Cookies for Daddy!
 Your vocabulary has exploded beyond description. Daddy asked me to write down all the words you can say because he wanted to see how many and I think in your last update I mentioned that I had 94 words written down and that the list was incomplete.


Ever since then, you have added at least two words a day and sometimes more. So besides the words I was missing at that point, if you add all the words you have since added I think we might be up to at least 150 words!

You make sentences and express your wants, needs and dislikes with words all the time. It goes without saying that we are beyond proud.

Both you and I spent a lot of the last few weeks felling really under the weather. The cough has been especially hard on both of us, but you are still too young to take anything to help relieve the cough, so at some points you were coughing so bad that you threw up. Needless to say, you’d get sad and say “Mama, I cough” or insert whosever name you were talking to. It was so sad and so sweet all at the same time. You have been doing it for a long time now, but I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it, so I’ll add a cute story about how you will ask people if they’re “tay?” when you hear them cough. I always ask you if you’re ok after a cough attack and pat your back, so you have picked up the habit of doing that to others now. You’re really thoughtful and empathetic.

Puffy little face.  So sick.

I took you to see your doctor for this drawn out cold and some discharge in your eye.  You got to stand on the big scale rather than sit on the baby scale in the room.  The nurse (our usual nurse) did a little happy dance when we were done to celebrate your cooperation and you joined in!  I couldn’t believe you gained another pound since your last appointment! You’re now 28 lbs!!!
Still so silly despite being sick!
You’ve also been especially lovable this month. You will randomly go up to family and just hug them and pat them. You sure know how to melt hearts!


On January 5th we took you for your first haircut. I had hoped to wait until you were two just as a milestone, but your hair was really getting to be unruly. I had a hard time coming to terms with it because I was afraid the cut would really change your appearance and make you look like such a big boy, but it just cleaned up your face and made you look so cute.



We have been letting you eat at your little table more often now as you are much better at eating and enjoy the freedom of getting up and down from your chair as you please.  It’s really adorable to see you eating at your table like a big kid.




I bought you a puzzle and you mastered it in a day! Since then Grandma Yolly bough you a set of 4 puzzles and you’ve mastered those as well.


I have been reading a lot of material on Montessori style learning and hope to set up some activities for you because more than playing with toys you really enjoy challenging activities like puzzles and we really want to encourage you to keep exercising that brain!

Son, Daddy and I do our best to make sure we are nurturing you in every way necessary. We love you with all of our hearts and treasure every moment we are given with you. I hope that you will always know and understand that love and that you feel it every day!


Happy 21 months!


Love,
Mommy

1 comment: