Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Macario's First Slumber Party

This weekend (7/30-31) Macario hosted a slumber party with his older cousin, Delia!  Aaron and I are Delia's godparents and have had her overnight a few times before Macario was born, but haven't in a while.

The weekend started out with a gathering to celebrate Macario's great-grandma Rosa's birthday.  After we lunched at what was her favorite restaurant, we took Delia and Macario to the grocery store to pick up some goodies.

Delia loves watermelon, so we picked one up.  She was so excited about the watermelon that she insisted she be allowed to hold it while we shopped.  It ended up in the cart next to her.
When we got home I gave each of them a bath and then they got into their PJs.  It was a spur of the moment decision to have Delia stay the night so she used some of Macario's big boy PJs (which he is still not big enough for yet).
Delia playing with Macario's sunglasses
While I got dinner ready, the two of them played in the living room with Aaron.  After dinner they settled down and got ready for bed.  By 7:30 Delia was asleep in Macario's crib and shortly after that Macario fell asleep in his bassinet.  It was really cute having him back in his bassinet.  It made me realize how quickly he's grown!
 Fortunately, they both slept really well that night.  I was a little worried that Macario would not respond well to the adjusted sleeping arrangements and that Delia would be nervous sleeping away from home, but they both did fine. 

He woke up for a feeding at 4:45 am and was back to sleep by 5:20 am.   I had just enough time to clean out his bottle before Delia was up at 5:30 am.  She had a quick feeding and then was back to sleep by 5:45 am which means I got to sneak in a little bit more sleep before I got up at 7:30 am.

Since we had plans to meet with our parents and other relatives at 11:00 Sunday morning, I got up and had the babies ready by 9:30 am.  We would have been early to meet them, but Aaron was having a nice time just easing through the morning so he got a late start at getting ready for the day.  I made sure to tell him that when people asked why we were late he'd better let them know it was because he was moving slowly and not because the of the babies!*chuckle*

We spent Sunday at the auction having lunch and then just browsing around.  We found a few things for Macario including some classic Disney movies which we are excited for him to watch when he's a little bit older.

By the end of the day we were all wiped out and ready to get home to unwind.  Macario was most excited to get home.  He had a quick nap when we got home then played in his jumper for a little while, while Aaron and I cleaned up around the house.
After a bath and warm bottle Macario and I rocked in our glider and he fell right to sleep!
My sweet angel boy
We had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment