Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Weekend (Aug. 13/14)

Here we are half way through the week and I’m just getting around to updating about our weekend.  I still owe an entry about Macario’s baptism and such, but rather than get further behind I’ll just keep up with the latest and go back to that when I have the time to get the pictures ready.

I’m happy to say we had a great weekend (we usually do).  It was relaxing and a little busy at times too!

Friday night I met up with Aaron at his mom's house where he was watching the football game.  He has been looking forward to football season with such anticipation!  Until just a few weeks ago most football fans were in suspense wondering if there was even going to be a football season.   When the lockout was lifted, Aaron was one happy guy!

We had dinner there and I played with Macario and then put him down for a nap.  We headed home as soon as the game was over, but it was a little late for Macario so he fussed the entire way home.  I was worried that his sleep would be affected by the delay in getting through his bath/bedtime routine, but he slept just fine.

The next morning, the three of us headed out to the park.  Aaron had plans to meet up with one of his athletes for a weekend workout and I took Macario for a walk on the trails.  He loved it!  He was so mellow until it was time for a diaper change, but quickly settled down after I got him cleaned up and we sat and took in the scenery while we waited for Aaron to finish up.

After the park, Aaron had a meeting, so Macario and I went to have lunch.  He was asleep for the first little while, so I took advantage of the time and made a phone call (there isn’t much time for chatting these days).  Before heading back to pick Aaron up I ordered him some lunch and then picked him up an iced tea from Starbucks.  I had forgotten that they introduced a new larger size than the venti until I read the menu, so of course I had to order  it in a trenta!  When I presented it to Aaron later he exclaimed, "You're the best wife EVER!" *smile*

By the time I got back to Aaron, Macario was ready for a feeding, so we all sat in the car while I fed him and when he was done we headed off to meet with Aaron’s family to get started on his birthday BBQ.  We had to stop by the store to pick up some stuff for the BBQ before we could get started, so we did that on the way to his brother’s house.  All the while the cupcakes that Macario and I made for Aaron had been in the car!  As you can imagine they quickly turned into melted messes which made me really sad.  I made sure to let everyone know that they didn’t start out looking so sloppy, but apparently I was the only one who cared what they looked like.  No one mentioned anything about how awful they looked, just that they were really tasty!

We got home late again on Saturday, but Macario handled it well.  He woke up as smiley as ever on Sunday morning and the two of us got ready for church.

I was a little nervous to take him as I was taking him by myself, but he seems to like church and was very well behaved.  Fortunately, mass starts right around Macario’s first morning nap, so he took a bottle and fell asleep.  He had several admirers. One couple who was playing with him said he looked like he was “well loved” which was really touching to me.  Of course I know he is well loved as I am one of the people who love him most, but its nice to know that it’s obvious how much he really is loved!

When church was over, Macario and I headed over to my parents’ house for a visit.  We visited there for a while and then my dad treated us to lunch.  Just before our food came, Macario fell asleep for his second nap of the day!   

After lunch I headed home to meet with Aaron and the three of us relaxed there for a while before driving over to his mom’s house.  We had some things there that we needed to pick up and take to storage, so Aaron got things all packed in the car while I visited with our goddaughter.

We only stayed long enough for Aaron to get everything loaded up and then the three of us headed over to the storage unit to unload our stuff.  We planned to go grocery shopping afterward, but it had gotten a little late so we stopped for dinner instead and then returned home.

Our weekends are typically as busy as this and we don’t always take the time to stay home and relax together as a family, so it was special to share that time alone on Sunday.

Now it’s time to start thinking about what we’ll be doing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment