Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Year Ago...

One year ago (yesterday) Aaron and I were surprised to find out we were expecting our first child!  I had suspected that I might be pregnant because of some signs my body was giving me, but I was doubtful.  Still, I couldn’t put the thought out of my mind, so I decided that I would pick up a test after work and see what would happen.

That evening, Aaron and I went out to one of our favorite burrito joints for dinner and then headed to the store to pick up some necessities, including a test!

When we got home that night we put away our purchases and cleaned up a little before I was ready to test.

Neither one of us was expecting to get a positive result, so I went off to take the test while Aaron relaxed in front of the TV.

I took the test, and per the instructions set it down to do it’s thing.  As I waited I reminded myself not to get my hopes up as I had been disappointed so many times before.  By the time I was ready to read the test, I was totally expecting to see a negative and was completely prepared for it.

To my surprise, there was a Big Fat Positive sign!  The most beautiful “+” I’ve ever seen!
BFP - 8/2/10
I called out to Aaron, “Oh my Gosh, Aaron” his response, “What?”  I don’t even think he realized I was testing at that moment.

I didn’t even know how to say the words I needed to say so I ran over and shoved the test in his face.  Finally I managed to say “It’s positive.”

Initially his response was to be cautious and I think it was because he could tell that I was very emotional.  I was crying from, joy, gratitude, shock, confusion, amazement, etc.  Thinking back now, I feel like he didn’t want me to get ahead of myself.  Before he joined me in my emotional whirlwind, he said “make an appointment with the doctor, so we can be sure.”  Then we hugged, kissed and exchanged “I love you’s.”

The next day I saw my doctor and confirmed the pregnancy!  Aaron let out a yelp when I told him over the phone and by the end of the day we had let everyone know.  I know you’re supposed to keep it secret at least until you get a heartbeat, but we were both much to excited to wait.

I look back at that day (that week) so fondly.  It’s so incredible to think that one year ago, our son was just a glimmer in our eyes and today he is a big, strong, healthy, growing boy!
Macario - 8/2/11 (16 lbs 4.7 oz)

No comments:

Post a Comment