Baby’s Size: Baby is just over an inch and a half long or about the size of a fig! Baby is almost fully formed and is moving a lot.
Gender: Approximately 5 weeks away. I'm really thinking the baby will be a boy. This is not based on intuition, but statistics. I feel like each pregnancy is a new flip of the coin with 50/50 probability for each outcome. I know that means we have 7 to 1 odds of it being a third boy, but my thought is that each time is a new and unrelated event. If each time we had two options (boy or girl) and we got boy twice, it makes me think that our odds with each pregnancy were greater than 50/50 for boy. If this ends up being a girl, I guess I will be pleasantly surprised, but the more I think it's a boy the more excited I get to have another boy. I love the mother son relationship and I really love what being a father to our sons has done for Aaron. It has brought out things in him that I always knew were there, but he didn't know until he had his sons.
Weight: I don't know what my weight is this week and I don't want to know. I am starting to notice the same pattern as with my pregnancies with the boys in that I start to look really round in the belly and slimmer in other places so I think my "Maria Pudge" is turning into baby pudge. Hopefully my weight will remain steady from here on out.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I even had to bring out the Bella Band for my regular pants. This belly is bustin' out!
Symptoms: I've had low back pain for the last couple of days. I had hip pain one night that prevented me from falling back to sleep immediately after I got up from checking on Adrian one night. I also had really horrible cramps early in the week. I guzzled 90 ounces of water and miraculously the cramping stopped. I must have been dehydrated! Nausea is gone! Unless I'm overly hungry then it nags at me.
I remember after I had Adrian and thought I was never going to have another baby, I felt sad that I wasn't ever going to have "morning sickness" again. This week, when I realized I wasn't feeling it anymore I was relieved and thought I must have been crazy to want to go through that again! What was I thinking?
Oh and I've been extremely hormonal (sentimental and emotional) this week. See below.
I remember after I had Adrian and thought I was never going to have another baby, I felt sad that I wasn't ever going to have "morning sickness" again. This week, when I realized I wasn't feeling it anymore I was relieved and thought I must have been crazy to want to go through that again! What was I thinking?
Oh and I've been extremely hormonal (sentimental and emotional) this week. See below.
Cravings: Pizza. I really REALLY want Round Table Pizza.
Best Moment(s): Mac fell out of his bed one night and called for me. He let me cradle him in my arms and rock him back to sleep which I haven't done for about a year. I kept reflecting back to the days when he was Adrian's age and I rocked him to sleep every night. This also made me feel guilty that I don't rock Adrian to sleep, but that's actually best for everyone. It was just so amazing thought to hold Mac in my arms like that again. He hardly ever settles for that kind of cuddling. (I cried of course and that was episode #1 for this week).
Another day I was crying for whatever reason and Mac told me, "Mama, no cry. I sing you." and he began to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. That just melted my heart. It was the sweetest thing.
Another day I was crying for whatever reason and Mac told me, "Mama, no cry. I sing you." and he began to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. That just melted my heart. It was the sweetest thing.
Hardest Moment(s): One day this week, Aaron took Mac with him to a meet while I was at work. After work, I picked Adrian up from my MIL and called to ask Aaron if he wanted me to get Mac. He said it wasn't necessary and to just let him stay. As I got onto the freeway with Adrian, I said my usual prayer to get us all home safely and that sent me into a tail spin of crazy thoughts and emotions. I was so upset over thinking of all these crazy things that could happen and I just wished I had gone to get Mac. I was literally hyperventilating in the car on the drive home and felt so unstable. I had to get off the freeway and slow my breathing so I wouldn't pass out with Adrian in the car. That was such a strange episode. I don't think I've ever gotten that worked up in my life, so I can only blame it on hormones!
Upcoming Events: Next Wednesday I have my second prenatal appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment