Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Our Weekend

Three day weekends go way too fast! I'm so not happy about going back to work tomorrow!

Saturday


I got up and made breakfast with these two.  Honestly, its sometimes stressful juggling them and chores, but I love when we hang out together to get things done!

I struggled on Saturday. It was such a blessing when both boys went down for a nap because I was able to join in!

The boys and I went to the grocery store and to get ice cream and pick up some movies later that day. 

I was so thankful that I had the opportunity to nap because I wouldn't have otherwise made it through the day with my patients in tact.

Mac and I watched his movie and then after he went to bed I watched a movie with Aaron. 

Sunday

It's becoming a bit of an unspoken tradition that the boys and I meet up with my parents for breakfast after church on Sundays. 

That's what we did this weekend. My brother was in from out of town, which I didn't know, so that was fun. Mac was especially excited because he had been asking about his "uncle bee-gen" (aka Uncle Miguel)

We made a pit stop at Trader Joe's on the way home and picked up a watermelon (among other things) but Mac had been asking for watermelon for days so we got that. 

Adrian had a few pieces an loved it!


They take after their dad, for sure!

Then we played until dinner and got to bed soon after that. 



Monday 

Today was far busier than I expected. 

We washed the cars (and it began to rain as I was drying my car!) there was no rain in the forecast and even as it was raining I checked the weather app and it said nothing about rain!

Anyway, I went to the grocery store, then took my car to my dad for an oil change and finally, went and had new tires put on the car. 

The old ones were so bad that my car shook while I was driving. I thought I had poor alignment, but it was mainly the tires!

The rain continued, but fortunately me and the boys never got caught in it. There were breaks here and there and we always seemed to be in and out through the breaks. 

It really started to come down hard in the early evening so Mac and I read Halloween books and then, after dinner, we watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman. He loved it and I was reminded of how much I love Alvin and the Chipmunks. Theodore is so cute!

If we have another little boy, I think I'll dress them as the chipmunks for Halloween somewhere down the line!

Now I'm settling in for another movie with Aaron and doing diaper laundry. 

I'm hoping I'll have my pregnancy updates for weeks 7 and 8 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment