Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Go with the Flow

In our house we follow a pretty consistent pattern of events throughout the day. This is really important as kids (at least ours) seem to thrive on predictability. 

Some days it's hard to stay on track, but we typically stick to the routine. 

Today, however, I veered off course and it turned out great. 

Aaron had to drop the kids off to me at work - curve ball no. 1. I needed to run out and buy some disposable diapers for my mother-in-law to use on Adrian tomorrow - curve ball no. 2. Aaron promised Mac I would take him to the park since he didn't get a chance to - curve ball no. 3.

I could have let all of this fluster me (as I usually would, but today I just went with the flow and had a blast. 

We played at the park then came home for a bath and then some educational art work at home. 

The evening went so smoothly and now that the boys are in bed (without a fuss) and I'm excited to watch the first episode of the new season of Survivor with Aaron!  

Here are my boys having fun at the park:



No comments:

Post a Comment