Wednesday, September 11, 2013

BOO!

Maybe it's too early to start doing Halloween crafts, but on September 1st I'm game to do anything Fall related - especially Halloween related!

I couldn't wait to do this project with Mac. It's something I came up with on my own, but the concept is inspired by many of the things I've seen on Pinterest since I became a pinner (though not one specific thing).

The finished product is shown last ('cause it was the last picture I took and I can't get it to move up!)

Step 1: Using painter's tape, I taped out the area I wanted my letters to cover. 


Sept 2: After determining how much area I wanted to cover, I wrote out the word "Boo!" on the tape.

(Not my best bubble letters, but it works!)

Step 3: I pulled up the take and cut out the letters. Then replaced them on the canvas. 


Step 4: Using tempra paint, I made purple and then let Mac paint all over the canvas with a foam brush. 


Step 5: We sprinkled purple glitter all over the canvas (and some on ourselves) while the paint was still wet.


Step 6: Once dry, you can peel off the tape to reveal your word!  Obviously we were a little heavy handed on the "B" but it still looks pretty cool if you ask me!


I haven't done it yet, but you'll want to shake off the excess glitter so it doesn't make a crazy mess in your house when you hang it!

We have another Halloween/Fall canvas painting to do. I'll share that one as soon as we get to it!

1 comment: