Although Aaron and I had agreed that we were going to lay low this Independence Day, I couldn't pass up the chance to take Macario to his first parade.
I was excited to experience another "first" with Macario, but felt bad for the poor guy because it made for a long and eventful morning from which he never really recovered. He seemed as if he enjoyed himself though, so I was glad that he made it through the morning before really hitting a wall.
Waiting on the parade
Mac's older cousins love him so much! They both wanted to hold him on their laps.
But he's a squirmy little guy, so I eventually took him to sit with me.
He loved watching the parade, and started waiving all on his own.
He isn't about to miss anything!
This was the first of him losing his steam. Poor guy!
When we got home from the parade, he was running a fever and despite every effort to bring down his temperature, it stayed elevated for the next couple of days.
That afternoon we attended a barbecue with Aaron's family. While we were there, Macario vomited all over Aaron. We took that as our cue to go.











No comments:
Post a Comment