Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mama is Sick (and Loopy)

The string of events continues. I have only briefly mentioned the poor luck we've been having lately because, despite the recent chain of events, I still feel really blessed, but just when I thought we were headed in the right direction I woke up feeling miserable! That was yesterday--what a way to start off the week.

I seem to have caught Macario's cold. Fortunately, he is on the mend now (finally)!

Anyhow, here I am at work, slurping down my chicken noodle soup (with rice too) just hoping that 5 o'clock will come fast!
 
Last night, I was feeling so terrible that Aaron promised to attend to Mac if he woke up in the middle of the night so I could take some NyQuil.  It was the first time I had taken it since before I was pregnant with Mac, and boy that stuff hit me good!

It's funny because I also had my first sips of alcohol in 2+ years this week, so in less than one week I've had my first sips of an alcoholic beverage and took my first dose of potentially drowsy medication. What a way to tempt fate!

When Mac did wake up in the middle of the night, I had Aaron bring him in the bed with us in case I did need to help out. He never sleeps that well while in our bed so he tossed and turned all night which woke me up out of my drowsed state. Every time I woke up, I felt the effects of the NyQuil. My thoughts went something like this "if I'm drowsy and I realize I am does that make me not drowsy?" and as I reached for Mac's water bottle I remember thinking "I think I'm drowsy because I can't open my eyes, but I'm probably not since I'm actually functioning right now."

I remember having the same sort of thoughts when I was coming out of the anesthesia after my c-section. When I was finally cognizant I first asked Aaron, "Did I just have a baby?" followed by "I felt like I was trying to solve a math problem."

I'm not sure why I always feel like I’m solving a riddle when I'm under the influence of something, but that's probably the reason I've avoided taking any meds or consuming any alcohol for the entire first year of Mac's life. Anyhow, tonight should be interesting because I will be taking more NyQuil. It's really the only way I can sleep when I feel this bad.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Do you read blogs through Google Reader? I do mine through the feed on the dashboard and I noticed that if people backdate blogs then I miss them. I am assuming that is what you did with this one because I somehow missed it. I came to your blog to see if it has word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking, Dianna! I read from the feed also. I also responded to this comment in an email in case you don't see this :)

    ReplyDelete