This weekend was rough. Actually, the entire week leading up to this weekend was rough. I started off not feeling well and as soon as I was better Macario was sick and has taken much longer than usual to recover.
The days I did go to work, I rushed home to be with him, including Friday afternoon. After work, I started my dash home. While I was en route I realized my car was overheating! Fortunately, I made it to my dad's repair shop to have him take a look.
![]() |
| This was me by Friday night! |
The obvious reason for your car to overheat would be low coolant levels, however, my problem was that the fan on the engine was not coming on when it should. My dad did something to get it working temporarily and sent me on my way. As I rounded the corner to come home the car started to overheat again. It was too late to do anything about it by then, so I held off calling my dad.
Saturday, we took things really slow. Aaron, Macario and I had the house to ourselves for most of the day which was a nice change. We did chores around the house and discussed ways of simplifying things like budgeting, communication, and time management which would help to reduce stress. Those are areas of our lives where we are always trying to improve and be more efficient. By the end of the day we felt very accomplished and even got in bed early which was also a nice change. We took the opportunity to watch a movie, but fell asleep before we made it all the way through.
Sunday morning, Macario and I ate a small breakfast with Aaron before we headed off to church with my mom. Macario did much better in church with my mom there than the last time. It's hard to keep him quiet when he has an audience, but again, he was much better behaved this time.
After church my mom, Mac and I went out
for brunch. Macario and I shared a small plate since we had already
eaten breakfast. Then we headed home where we waited for Aaron.
By
the time he got home I was preparing lunch and the three of us ate
together. It has been hard for us to find the time to sit down for
meals as a family, so it was nice getting to do that more than once this
weekend!
Later that afternoon, Aaron headed back out and left Macario and I at home. We entertained ourselves with a little bit of pool time before heading out to dinner with my dad.
Dipping his feet in the pool.
All the way in!












No comments:
Post a Comment