Monday, July 23, 2012

Our Weekend (July 21/22)

This was such an awesome weekend. Friday night Aaron cancelled practice to spend the evening with Macario and me. We rarely get a chance to be together (the three of us) except on the weekends, so I was really excited to come home and spend a little extra time with my boys!

We first had dinner at Whole Foods. Macario got to walk around the store holding our hands instead of being stuck in the cart and was such a good boy about it. I can't believe how big he's getting. He was eating up all of our attention and kept pulling us both in for group hugs. It was so precious!

After dinner we headed over to the mall to make a 49er bear at Build-a-Bear.  Again, we let Mac walk and while in the parking lot holding Aaron's hand, Macario reached out for my hand and walked holding both of our hands. He sure knows how to melt hearts!

Friday night my sister and I stayed up really late (2:30 a.m.) cleaning out the kitchen pantry. It was a lot of work, but really worth it. We filled up 3 large garbage bags with expired food. THREE! It feels good knowing we got that taken care of. If I have the energy for it, next will be the 'fridge!
 
Saturday morning was rough because Mac was up early as usual and that means I was too. We managed ok though and when it was time for his first nap I took a short one with him in the rocking chair. While he finished up his nap in his crib, I showered and it really revived me.

I spent the rest of the day playing housewife, getting all of our laundry done and the trying to keep the house in order while Mac tore it apart behind me. I never seem to be able to catch up.
It was Bella, Mom!

For dinner I made Chicken Tacos and we ate out in the back yard. I love to eat al fresco!

On Sunday morning I was feeling really bad. I was light headed and nauseous. I figured I was dehydrated, so I grabbed some water and joined Aaron in washing the car. Macario hung out with us outside, but when it was time for his first nap I brought him in and rocked him to sleep.





As I rocked him I started thinking even more about how poorly I felt. I am still not over my cold! Curiosity got the best of me so I thought I would take a pregnancy test (seems to be that when I don't feel good I always jump to wondering if I'm pregnant). I took a test to try and ease my mind, but to my surprise a faint little pink line showed up!

There is a very light pink line to the left of the dark line.
Aaron had gone off on a run, so when he came back I nervously showed him the test. I expected him to be shocked and less than thrilled. We hadn't planned on getting pregnant, but he was fine. He was skeptical since the line was so faint, so he asked me to test again in a week.

Later that day we picked up lunch and then Aaron darted off to a fundraiser. Mac and I ate our lunch and then waited in the cafe area of the grocery store for Aaron to pick us up. While there I couldn't stop wondering so I picked up a digital pregnancy test and took it in the restroom at the store! That was tricky to do in a sanitary fashion with a toddler!

As I waited for the test to develop, I got myself and Mac cleaned up and then looked down to see the word "Pregnant" on the screen of the test!

I showed it to Aaron as soon as he arrived to pick us up. We talked about it for a little while before meeting up with his mom at the cemetery to visit his grandma.

Afterward, we drove over to Red  Lobster for an early dinner. At dinner to told his mom the news. She said, "congratulations" and then said "good, Macario needs a partner!"
On our way home my car started to act up again, so I asked my dad to come over to take a look at it. When we got home, Aaron made his way into the house first (to set our stuff down) and blurted out the news to my mom. She was so excited.

When my dad showed up he told him too! 

Everyone is so excited for us. We're hoping for a little girl, just so we have one of each, but really I almost kind of want Macario to have a little brother. Either way we will be very excited and I really hope more than anything that things go as smoothly as they did with Macario. I was very blessed in that pregnancy.

I will be posting weekly pregnancy updates, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! What a blessing to get pregnant and be genuinely surprised. After TTC for #1 I want it to be easy like that the second time.

    ReplyDelete