Monday, July 16, 2012

Our Weekend (July 14/15)

Well there was no hopping excitedly into the weekend on Friday night because I was (and am still) sick! I was glad to welcome Friday as I was able to take the day off of work so that I'd have a long stretch of time to rest up and recuperate.

It can be hard to rest when you have a toddler running around, fortunately Aaron was feeling well so he handled Macario for me overnight and everyone pitched in during the day.

Saturday
I was still not feeling well (actually this was my worst day), but Aaron's family was having their 3rd annual reunion, the first of which Macario would attend, so we did not want to miss that. 

We got up bright and early as usual and Aaron headed out to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients he needed to make his chile (or salsa) for the reunion.

Roasting the tomatoes under the broiler!
I acted as sous chef while Macario played with the baking supplies.
 

As soon as we got that done I cleaned up quickly and then we headed off to the reunion.

I have met several of Aaron's relatives since the first reunion, but this year there were even more people in attendance which was great. His family has always made me feel so welcomed and loved which is a wonderful feeling.

Some of Aaron's great aunts and uncles who were there had not yet had the chance to meet Macario, and were very excited to get to meet him. They were most excited to learn his name as it was their father's and brother's name, who have both passed on. I know our son will live up to the name!

We made it almost entirely through the party, but I was deteriorating and Macario was ready for a nap so we ducked out about an hour before the party ended.

When we got home the three of us took a nice long family nap together and woke up at 7:00 p.m! Dinner got served late that night, but the nap was very much needed.

Sunday
I skipped church on Sunday. I had taken some NyQuil at 5:00 a.m. after Macario woke me up and by the time he was up for the day I was still really drowsy. I shouldn't have taken that dosage, but I likely would not have gone anyway because my cough was still pretty severe.

I took Macario's first nap of the day with him, but it was a short one.

After our nap, Aaron took the initiative to head out to do some yard work in the back yard so I followed behind him to help pick up Macario's toys and rearrange the lawn furniture which was scattered everywhere.
Supervising our efforts.
Then we decided we needed to make a grocery shopping trip, so we left Macario in my mom's care and headed out for a quick shopping trip.

While we were gone, Macario played in the pool with my brother and my little cousin. Those two had a great time!

I usually don't cook on nights that we grocery shop because putting away the groceries is a miserable task and would so much more unbearable if I had to continue through and make dinner! Well that was a little bit dramatic, but still I look forward to getting a break from making dinner on grocery days.

This time, Aaron helped me put the groceries away before we walked over to Chipotle to pick up dinner. It was a nice little walk and set the stage for a mellow evening and easy transition to bed.

I'm so happy that I had so much help from Aaron this weekend. It would have been a lot more difficult to get through it, feeling as sick as I did, had I not had his help.


No comments:

Post a Comment