Saturday, August 3, 2013

4 Weeks Pregnant - Baby No. 3

Well, if you read yesterday's post, you'll know that I am pregnant with baby number 3! 

I had a scare this morning when I noticed some bleeding. It has decreased significantly and I'm barely spotting on my pad, so I think I'm ok. Especially considering I have zero pain/cramping.

The only symptom I feel at the moment is good ol' nausea!

Let's dive into my first update!

How far along: Today I am 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I believe my due date is April 11, 2014 based on my last period on July 5, 2013.
Still have a baby pooch from my last pregnancy :(
Baby's size: Baby is approximately the size of a poppy seed and is still in the embryonic stage. As I hold my 14 pound 4 month old, it's hard to believe we all start out so tiny!

Gender: Still too soon to find out. I am not getting any sense based on mother's intuition, but I would bet on boy since this family is so male dominant. I think I speak for both myself and my husband when I say we're hoping for a girl. Of course we love our boys so that would be awesome too!

The earliest I could possibly find out is October 25th, so I think I'm gonna shoot for a private ultrasound on that date!

Weight:  I am the lightest I've ever been at the beginning of my pregnancies.  This is a good thing!

Maternity Clothes: I never got out of maternity clothes.  My entire outfit (picture above) is all maternity clothes.
 
Symptoms: I started to have symptoms of early pregnancy at 3 weeks 2 days, however I didn't recognize them as symptoms until 3w6d. 

Beginning last Sunday I experienced a very painful headache. It felt hormonal like ones I've had during my previous pregnancies, but that alone wasn't alerting me to anything. 

On Monday, I was fatigued. Extremely so. I thought possibly I was just tired from our camping trip that weekend and just needed rest. 

Tuesday, I was still fatigued. I had to leave my desk to get fresh air just to wake up. I hadn't gone to bed early like I wanted to the night before, so I still thought I needed extra rest to recuperate from the weekend. 

Wednesday, still fatigued. Beyond fatigued. Also extremely thirsty and light headed. I attributed it to dehydration.

Thursday, I started off feeling very rested although I had not done anything differently. Halfway through the day though I was feeling waves of nausea and then it hit me. This all felt very familiar...

On Friday I got a definite positive pregnancy test!

Cravings: I wanted coffee a lot this week. Also, today I'm craving French fries. That was a common one with Mac only I didn't call it a craving 'cause back then I thought a craving was a strong urge. I never got that really urgent desire for anything, but I have this propensity to want to eat carbs in early pregnancy and that includes fries!

Best Moment: finding out I was pregnant and not just tired! Followed closely behind is bumping into my nurse practitioner after Adrian's well-check yesterday. 

We sat and had lunch and talked all about this pregnancy. It was like a pre-consult to my prenatal appointment with her on the 23rd.

Hardest Moment: I've had some bleeding today. Nothing heavy at all, but slightly more than spotting. Given all I know about pregnancy from experience and education I don't believe it's cause for worry, but what pregnant woman doesn't worry at the sight of vaginal bleeding?

I have an appointment to be examined and get a beta testing on Monday. Hopefully the bleeding stops by then.

Upcoming events: My first prenatal appointment on August 23, 2013. And telling my boss! Wish me luck!


There are actually 4 people in this picture!

 
My first ever Pregnancy Vlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment