Friday, August 16, 2013

6 Weeks Pregnant - Baby No. 3

How far along: 6 weeks today!

Baby's size: Baby is approximately a quarter of an inch long or about the size of a lentil.  Seems much bigger than a sesame seed!

Gender: Still too soon to find out. I did a bunch of gender prediction tests for fun to see what results I would get and I ended up in a tie! 5 girl results and 5 boy results.  My tie-breaker is the heart rate which I will hopefully get to find out at my appointment next Friday!

Weight:  Haven't weighed myself this week.  With every pregnancy I have planned to buy a scale and then never remember to or don't think of it when I'm out. It's probably best that I don't get one though so that I won't fixate on my weight. 

Maternity Clothes: I never got out of them from the last pregnancy.  I have not purchased any new clothes just yet because I can't find what I want (if I even know what that is).  Pregnancy makes me much more indecisive than I usually am.
 
Symptoms: When I wrote my update for Week 5 (a few days ago) I mentioned that my nausea had worn off.  Unfortunately for me, I spoke too soon because the next day it was back in full force.  I did expect it to come back right about this time though, so I was bracing myself. I do not mind feeling nauseous (nor do I mind any other symptom), but I do find it hard to work or clean or eat when I feel so icky. It would be cool if I could just sleep all day.  Ha!
 
I still have that horrible foot cramp in the arch of my left foot still. Last night, it started causing a burning sensation.  I wasn't going to mention it to the doctor, but maybe I will if it's still acting up by next Friday.
 
Bleeding is gone, completely. Phew!
 
Nausea - oh yea I said that.  But yes, nausea.
 
Fatigue, frequent urination and I think my waistline is already expanding because my non-maternity clothes don't fit well.
 
Also, I'm having very vivid dreams already.  I don't usually remember my dreams except for when I'm pregnant and last night was the funniest so far (my reaction not the dream).  I got my feelings hurt by something Aaron did to me in the dream and I began to cry.  I woke myself up due to the fact that I was actually crying out loud!  When I realized it was a dream, I tried to settle myself, but when I thought back on it my feelings got hurt again and I continued to cry rather than settle down.  In the dream he talked down to me in front of his entire team and that made me cry. That was all it took to throw me over the edge. Thanks, hormones!
 
Cravings: Water, fruit, salad. Anything fresh sounds appetizing because my mind thinks it will help the nausea or at least not make it worse.  Doesn't really help, but doesn't make it worse for sure!
 
And actually I'm wanting sweets now more than savory (i.e. craving fruit but not fond of veggies) which is the opposite of what I answered in my gender tests blog. 
 
Best Moment(s): Having guests over for the first time since we moved into our new place.  This isn't pregnancy related, but it was the best part of the week.  We had my in-laws over for my husband's birthday last Sunday and then my mom over for dinner last night.  I love entertaining, but my husband is uncomfortable when we have people over.  His heightened sensitivity to germs and such gives him anxiety when we have guests because he feels like everything they touch becomes contaminated.  He handled himself well considering his anxiety.
 
Also doing the gender prediction tests.  I thought that was super fun!
 
Hardest Moment(s): Probably dealing with nausea, but it comes with the territory.
 
Upcoming events: My first prenatal appointment on August 23, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment