This is not a phase I was looking forward to as much as others, simply because when kids enter the "why" phase, there never seems to be a satisfactory answer.
They just follow up each of your responses with another, "why?"
He started with, "Mama, why I go to the store?"
My response, "Because we needed to buy food, son."
"Why I buy bananas? Why I buy bread, mama?"
"Because you like to eat those things, son."
"Why I go to my room?"
"Because you need to go to sleep."
"Why brother Adrian go sleep his bed?"
"Because sleeping helps him grow bigger and stronger."
"Why I grow big, mama?"
"Because you're supposed to."
"Oh."
I thought I had it! That is until...
"Mama, why I go to the store?"
I guess he forgot. :)
At least for tonight this was cute. I do love knowing that this is all a part of learning for him, and I hope I always handle it as well as I did tonight.
So cute! But I agree it gets old quickly. Cooper asks a lot of questions but not yet 'why.'
ReplyDelete