Monday, August 19, 2013

Macario is 28 Months Old

Whoa baby! 28 months old! You are my oldest child and yet I still think of you as my baby. I always will no matter how many months (or years) old you are.

This weekend I took a lot of time to just focus on you and be with you. Not because of this milestone date, but because I hate having to ask you to hold on a moment while I do something or other. I really value this short period of time where you want nothing more than to be with and play with daddy and me. 

I did my best to include you in what I was doing when appropriate or stop what I was doing and play with you when I could (instead of pushing to finish up a task) and I am so happy when I do that. 

For one you are happier which impacts my mood, but also I just love getting to know you as you change and evolve into the person you will be in life.

You are so sweet and kind. Helpful and thoughtful. Caring and loving. Determined and driven. Silly and playful. You're just the best kid ever. 

Some fun things you are up to lately are:

You've started asking "why" questions. The first day, I figured it was a one time thing. Now it's everyday. It's far less obnoxious than I expected it to be, but probably because you're asking specific questions right now instead of just asking "why?" After everything we say.

You're using your imagination. As we drove down the road near our home you pointed to the side of the road and all the trees and said, "Mama, wook! It's a big, big dinosaur!" And you play little games on your own, pretending things are going on that are only going on in your imagination. I really love witnessing this new development. You come up with some pretty cute scenarios!

I have to document this because I probably won't remember it years later if I don't. You are calling dragonflies, "fire bugs."  I'm not sure why, but you do. What's amazing is every time you say it you ask, "mama what's his name?" I think because you know it's not "fire bug" but you still always say it. I really wish you would call them that forever because its so cute. 

You're staring to outgrow your 24 month clothes. I'm tossing more and more of them into the bin of clothes to pack away. 

Ah yes, you are staring to take interest in picking out your own clothes and shoes. It's so fun to see what you think looks good (rain boots in summer!)

I don't know for sure how tall you are or your weight, but I think you either got taller (and therefore appear leaner) or you've lost some weight because you look so thin to me right now. 

Besides that, you're still your amazing and lovable self!

I am so happy when I'm with you and miss you so much when I'm away. I hope  you always want to be around me and you never stop being my baby. 

Happy 28 months, son!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment