Tuesday, August 13, 2013

5 Weeks Pregnant - Baby No. 3

How far along: 5 weeks

{Source}

Baby's size: Baby is approximately the size of a sesame seed (last week was a poppy seed) and is still in the embryonic stage. This week baby's heart will start pumping blood through it's little body!
Gender: Still too soon to find out. I am not getting any sense based on mother's intuition, but I would bet on boy since this family is so male dominant. I get more and more anxious, by the day, to find out the gender!  I have already started thinking of girl names and found a super cute outfit I wanted to buy for a girl, but Aaron told me to hold off. *sigh*

Weight:  I was weighed at my appointment on Monday and am definitely starting this pregnancy weighing less than I ever have at the start of pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: I never got out of maternity clothes.  I need to buy more because I have gotten lots of use out of the clothes I have.  Also, I am wearing non maternity pants today and they just don't feel comfortable.  I'm wondering if I'm already expanding. My body is much more on top of this than I expected.
 
Symptoms: Over the last week I have noticed my nausea ease off.  I believe that for me, the nausea I get early on is related to implantation.  With Mac I was very nauseous at the end of week 3 and beginning of week 4, but then it wore off until around 6+ weeks.  That seems to be the case now.
 
I also have a horrible foot cramp in the arch of my left foot. I used to get tender in that location if I flexed my foot funny or over extended it during my previous two pregnancies, but that came much later in the pregnancy.
 
Bleeding.  More of this below.
 
Cravings: This week I had a craving for graham crackers and apple juice!  That turned into a craving for graham crackers and cheddar cheese slices.  Just based on how strange that is I would call it a craving, but as with my other cravings they aren't intense urges to have that specific thing immediately.  I can do with or without, but I do think about whatever it is I'm craving often and continue to do so up until I actually eat it.
 
Best Moment(s): Getting beta results back after an episode of bleeding.  My numbers for the 48 hour testing were 245 and 738!
 
Telling people at work was also fun.  Everyone was excited even though I thought everyone was going to think I was crazy.  My boss was the funniest.  He said he knew I was and had asked my partner if he knew whether or not I was the week before.
 
At that time I did not know, so no one else did either, but my boss had a premonition about it and had in fact told my partner the week before that he thought I was!
 
Hardest Moment(s): I had an appointment on Monday morning (8/5/13) due to bleeding I had on Saturday (8/3/13).  My doctor was not very reassuring at all.
 
The blood presented itself on Saturday morning.  I never had any actual blood flow, but I noticed blood on my toilet paper when I wiped.  Throughout the weekend, it dissipated and by Monday morning was gone.  I assumed it was implantation bleeding or some other completely normal reason.
 
However, my doctor did an ultrasound (at 4w3d) and when she did not find a baby or a sac she told me the reason was because the pregnancy was either not going to continue itself or it was going to be an ectopic pregnancy.  She did not acknowledge how early I was or explain that, that could be another possible reason we did not see anything on the screen.
 
She acknowledged that my uterine lining was thickening and that was normal preparation for pregnancy, but she otherwise was not encouraging at all.
 
When my beta results were in, I emailed her to ask her thoughts and she did say it was an awesome rise and advised me to keep my appointment on the 23rd for my first prenatal exam.
 
Upcoming events: My first prenatal appointment on August 23, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Love this and can't wait for your first prenatal appt... did you switch ob's???

    ReplyDelete